Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Hiace
    Dude rules have changed a million times over. I don't know if its safe to assume, but seeing as its mod plated and engineered in QLD, I wouldn't see the harm in it being registered in NSW without a fail. Blue slip mechanics won't be able to tell you shit. You need to talk to someone listed on the VSCCS. I've recently gone through it all, yes it's a major pain in the ass, but the engineers are now DIRECTLY liable if something is to go wrong. They can lose their license, pay a $20,000 fine and if that isn't payable, they're up for losing whatever they own!

As for the RTA, I think your pet Goldfish will be able to give you more information. I've called the RTA on 15 separate occasions and received 20 different answers! Go figure!

If you MUST get the car re-engineered in NSW it will cost you a bundle, especially engineered as a 2 seater and stripped. If its a K-Series and doesn't have OEM Mounts, then forget it!

I went through Chris, from Dinos Auto Electrical in Miranda, his number is 0419 320 272
    Just say you got his number from the VSCCS list, he might be a bit of a dick, he's new to the whole engineering scene, so bare with him! Hopefully he gives you the good news and says, if it's already engineered in QLD, then its fine here! So best of luck!

Hope I've helped! Keep us posted, might be a loop hole

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Quote Originally Posted by Henessaayyy View Post
    Dude rules have changed a million times over. I don't know if its safe to assume, but seeing as its mod plated and engineered in QLD, I wouldn't see the harm in it being registered in NSW without a fail. Blue slip mechanics won't be able to tell you shit. You need to talk to someone listed on the VSCCS. I've recently gone through it all, yes it's a major pain in the ass, but the engineers are now DIRECTLY liable if something is to go wrong. They can lose their license, pay a $20,000 fine and if that isn't payable, they're up for losing whatever they own!

As for the RTA, I think your pet Goldfish will be able to give you more information. I've called the RTA on 15 separate occasions and received 20 different answers! Go figure!

If you MUST get the car re-engineered in NSW it will cost you a bundle, especially engineered as a 2 seater and stripped. If its a K-Series and doesn't have OEM Mounts, then forget it!

I went through Chris, from Dinos Auto Electrical in Miranda, his number is 0419 320 272
    Just say you got his number from the VSCCS list, he might be a bit of a dick, he's new to the whole engineering scene, so bare with him! Hopefully he gives you the good news and says, if it's already engineered in QLD, then its fine here! So best of luck!

Hope I've helped! Keep us posted, might be a loop hole
    **Sorry for hijack of thread, relevant sort of question.... didnt want to make another thread

Im considering buying a kswaped integra. The motor is registered to the car already, but if its not using oem mounts but hasports. You saying i will have no chance to get engineering?
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a DC2 VTIR
    You will but cost you a shit tonne
    DC2 VTI-R (INJEN-LIKE CAI, Unknown Extractors, 2 inch exhaust)

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    ^ Why a shit tonne? What are the costs involved?
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a DC2 VTIR
    I don't know as people are saying rules constantly change. Also cause theojnts are changed extra engineering cost to ensure safety, extra money for RTA etc

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Hiace
    If you can get a Test Sheet from Hasport saying their mounts are engineered and they have been tested and the safety standards of those mounts meet Australian Standards, then yes, it's fine. But I doubt you'll ever get that, so no. Own that car and drive it as much as you like, but as soon as you get pulled over and defected, you're screwed. Why do you think K Swap cars are selling so cheap now?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Lead
    Quote Originally Posted by Henessaayyy View Post
    If you can get a Test Sheet from Hasport saying their mounts are engineered and they have been tested and the safety standards of those mounts meet Australian Standards, then yes, it's fine. But I doubt you'll ever get that, so no. Own that car and drive it as much as you like, but as soon as you get pulled over and defected, you're screwed. Why do you think K Swap cars are selling so cheap now?

Can I ask where the perception that a car which is already engineered and registered with a swapped motor would require its mounts to be changed because they are not OEM? The engineers certificate has a section on the quality/condition/installation etc of the engine mounts used which met the rules and standards at the time the work was completed.

If a car with a K/B/H swap that has been engineered and registered with the RTA previously then there are no issues. RTA cannot and does not apply any new ADR related rules to vehicles that have been approved, engineered and registered with legacy rules. If a police officer pulls you over and attempts to defect you then all you need to do is produce your engineers certificate stating that the modifications are legal.

For example: Buy a car with an engine swap that is registered and engineered already in a particular state then you will only need a new road worthy certificate and the usual paperwork of ownership, Blueslip and Greenslip. You will not have to get a new engineers certificate.

Second example, Begin an engine swap in which displacement increases by the amount in which an engineers certificate is required (15% or so) and you will have to follow whatever the current rules are. If the rule relating to engine mounts now states that they must be OEM then fine, that rule applies for this instance and all instances going forward until the rule changes again.

Myself and plenty of other people who have completed K-swaps using Hasport mounts or which ever other aftermarket part had no issues in getting the engineers report and registration. If rules have changed in regards to engine mounts now then that applies to people who are currently trying to engineer and then register an engine swapped vehicle.

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a DC2 VTIR
    Quote Originally Posted by qstoria View Post
    Can I ask where the perception that a car which is already engineered and registered with a swapped motor would require its mounts to be changed because they are not OEM? The engineers certificate has a section on the quality/condition/installation etc of the engine mounts used which met the rules and standards at the time the work was completed.

If a car with a K/B/H swap that has been engineered and registered with the RTA previously then there are no issues. RTA cannot and does not apply any new ADR related rules to vehicles that have been approved, engineered and registered with legacy rules. If a police officer pulls you over and attempts to defect you then all you need to do is produce your engineers certificate stating that the modifications are legal.

For example: Buy a car with an engine swap that is registered and engineered already in a particular state then you will only need a new road worthy certificate and the usual paperwork of ownership, Blueslip and Greenslip. You will not have to get a new engineers certificate.

Second example, Begin an engine swap in which displacement increases by the amount in which an engineers certificate is required (15% or so) and you will have to follow whatever the current rules are. If the rule relating to engine mounts now states that they must be OEM then fine, that rule applies for this instance and all instances going forward until the rule changes again.

Myself and plenty of other people who have completed K-swaps using Hasport mounts or which ever other aftermarket part had no issues in getting the engineers report and registration. If rules have changed in regards to engine mounts now then that applies to people who are currently trying to engineer and then register an engine swapped vehicle.
    The impression is that it varies engineer to engineer and RTA to RTA.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    Plastidip the mounts black, engineer them and them peel off.. not sure if it would work but if looks more stealth they are less lIkely to notice it. Not sure if a good idea, it's too hot my brains fried.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Alot of myths about getting modded cars ' engineered ' . Well I went thru the whole process with a Riverwood based engineer years ago when I put a complete Fibrglass body on a 4WD (big job). Most things are actually fairly straight forward and the engineer was very helpful overall. I still got pulled up on a bunch of things !! Seat mounts, seat belt anchor points, body mounts, Fuel tank supports, roll cage, wiring etc....lol

Anyway most of the parts I knocked up myself and as long as the engineer thought they were of great strength than oem parts he was happy to give my short wheel base landcruiser the thumbs up. Cost me $600a bit over a decade ago. I drove round with a 3 page mod report from the engineer in my glove box, never got asked to produce it once.

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a DC2 VTIR
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    Alot of myths about getting modded cars ' engineered ' . Well I went thru the whole process with a Riverwood based engineer years ago when I put a complete Fibrglass body on a 4WD (big job). Most things are actually fairly straight forward and the engineer was very helpful overall. I still got pulled up on a bunch of things !! Seat mounts, seat belt anchor points, body mounts, Fuel tank supports, roll cage, wiring etc....lol

Anyway most of the parts I knocked up myself and as long as the engineer thought they were of great strength than oem parts he was happy to give my short wheel base landcruiser the thumbs up. Cost me $600a bit over a decade ago. I drove round with a 3 page mod report from the engineer in my glove box, never got asked to produce it once.

Supposedly its changed this year. Not regarding body mods but engine conversion to higher power or capacity.

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Hiace
    Quote Originally Posted by qstoria View Post
    I stated in one of my first posts that if the car is engineered in QLD it SHOULDN'T have a problem getting registered here. But thats one thing Im not 100% sure about. I haven't done it this way so don't quote me on it. There's always a possibility that you'll come across someone who'll question the certificate or whatever.

You may have got your K Swap engineered before new laws set in. As for people who already had their cars engineered, there have been unlawful engineers who were declined a VSCCS License and some of their customers were called back in for inspections, or so I was told.

I was giving the OP a slice of information which could be helpful, my circumstance would be the absolute worst for him, if he was to buy that car from QLD. As we've discussed, it's engineered in QLD, but whos to say RMS won't ask for the car to be inspected by a NSW Engineer? You don't know what the idiots could come up with next, so I was simply giving the OP a heads up. Better safe than sorry. And it also comes back to the fact of not being able to register repairable write-offs in NSW, as an example.

And qstoria, as for OEM engine mounts, Im referring to what my engineer has told me, if the product meets requirements of the Australian Standards, then it's all gravy. No questions can be asked, but again, Im not certain that Hasport mounts meet A/S requirements, it was only a statement, again, to prepare for the worst.