Quote Originally Posted by Henessaayyy View Post
I stated in one of my first posts that if the car is engineered in QLD it SHOULDN'T have a problem getting registered here. But thats one thing Im not 100% sure about. I haven't done it this way so don't quote me on it. There's always a possibility that you'll come across someone who'll question the certificate or whatever.

You may have got your K Swap engineered before new laws set in. As for people who already had their cars engineered, there have been unlawful engineers who were declined a VSCCS License and some of their customers were called back in for inspections, or so I was told.

I was giving the OP a slice of information which could be helpful, my circumstance would be the absolute worst for him, if he was to buy that car from QLD. As we've discussed, it's engineered in QLD, but whos to say RMS won't ask for the car to be inspected by a NSW Engineer? You don't know what the idiots could come up with next, so I was simply giving the OP a heads up. Better safe than sorry. And it also comes back to the fact of not being able to register repairable write-offs in NSW, as an example.

And qstoria, as for OEM engine mounts, Im referring to what my engineer has told me, if the product meets requirements of the Australian Standards, then it's all gravy. No questions can be asked, but again, Im not certain that Hasport mounts meet A/S requirements, it was only a statement, again, to prepare for the worst.
Fair enough mate. It seems that people have been passing with k swaps, but let's see if anyone who's done a k swap as of recently can chime in !