Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

JDM ITR wheels not mating to the hub of my DC2R

So i test fitted my 98 Spec JDM ITR wheels on my 01 DC2R, and i have about a 5mm gap between the hub and the wheel:

Do i need to go to the tyre shop and get some hub centric rings for these wheels to sit flush with the hub? I understand that since the JDM ITR wheels are OEM, they should have just fit straight on.
    Last edited by infurNOS; 24-09-2012 at 04:01 PM.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    That's not where hub-centric rings go guy. See here: LINK. You have no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by chargeR View Post
    That's not where hub-centric rings go guy. See here: LINK. You have no problems.
    Thanks for that. I read the wheel needs to sit flush with the hub, because at the moment they are resting on my lub bolts, which are not designed to take the weight of the car...
    EG

I mean, surely it can't be safe if the wheel does not sit flush with the hub?
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Wait,can you get a better shot,directly down the mating surface?

Are you sure the wheels dont have some hub rings stuck in them already preventing the wheel from fitting correct?

Take out the wheel and show us pic of the inside of it please

Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    Wait,can you get a better shot,directly down the mating surface?
    Give me 30 minutes, see what i can do...
    EG

Mate u probably have some hub ring stuck in there from before which is not allowing it to sit flush

Look inside the centre bore ofthe rim and of the hub and see if there's a hub ring wedged on

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    dab paint on contact surface of your wheels and mate it to hub while still wet
    if all the contact surface area mates properly to hub, i dont think there will be any issue?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Yeah get a better picture, that picture just looks like the rotor hat is a little larger diameter than the wheel hub mounting face? If there is really a big gap then something is preventing the wheel from seating correctly, an old hub ring like the other guys say most likely. I misunderstood what I was looking at I think.

Quote Originally Posted by dorikin View Post
    Mate u probably have some hub ring stuck in there from before which is not allowing it to sit flush

Look inside the centre bore ofthe rim and of the hub and see if there's a hub ring wedged on
    There is nothing in the rim, already checked that!
    EG

Best pics i could get down the mateing surface

EG

Ok did the paint trick, this is what it looked like:

What you guys think?
    EG