Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    the standard brakes are fine with the d15.. just upgrade pads
    BYPs black eg had a b16a and standard brakes and oem pads and still ran a 1.12.4
    at wakey
    WP: 1.03.4
    Winton: 1.30.9

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG8 B16A2
    There is a Wilwood kit which will upgrade you to about 300mm + 4 pot calipers, its only about 600-700 bucks (of course you've got to get it here from America), if you're looking to go bigger than OEM honda. There's also a Nashin kit for similar size, but it doesn't include calipers. Only $550ish from shiftperformance.

Braided brake lines are underrated. They are awesome. I'm running braided lines and EK VTIR brakes (262mm fronts) on stock pads and rotors on my EG sedan and there is about 50mm pedal travel if that, and it pulls up quite quick. I think if I was doing TA though, I'd want more stopping power.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG hatch
    where could I find 282's and how much should I be paying? I assume wrecking or secondhand for itr rotors...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG hatch
    (apart from a kajillion dollars on ebay...)

i can guarantee you wont need 300mm rotors infact youll most likely be locking up especially if youre running street tyres..
    Ive been doing time attack for a while and my advice is to head out on the track and get a feel for how the car behaves then make decisions afterwards
    WP: 1.03.4
    Winton: 1.30.9

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG hatch
    I'll probably do that damienm

If you must go 282mm - Hit JDM yard for pre-drilled rotors.
    In terms of calipers, you can also use prelude BB6 calipers.
    MFactory Competition Products

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by damienm View Post
    BYPs black eg had a b16a and standard brakes and oem pads and still ran a 1.12.4
    at wakey
    Ran standard EG6 brakes in IPRA car for full year on Bendix Ultimates. Pads were RS by the end of the year - should have changed them about half way through the season. Other than that, all good.

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    For a d series, I would just upgrade to VTi-R calipers, booster & master cyliner with a set of slotted rotors, project mu HC+ pads, braided brake lines and a cusco brake master cylinder stopper
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    imo save ur dough op an just go EK4/DC2 brakes, they are more than enough for any D-series powered car... Tracked mine, mind u i was running y8, with ITR brake setup an qfm pads, its great but not something u need on a car with a d-banger, too under powered an u wont reach speeds of more than 200km/h, if u went boost than its a different story.

Good pads with ek4/dc2 setup is plenty of braking for ur car as others said, stick to whats been proven to work
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

282 brakes and a d15... Big brakes are pretty heavy mate. While you've got the d15 it'd probably be best (for your laptimes) to stick with OEM brakes and just make sure you're running good pads and fluid.
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    ^+1
    are u having brake issues at the moment? honestly i think u should mod when its needed and honestly a good set of pads, rotors and clean fluid will go a long way