Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Euro and E-tag

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    On the subject of e tags i'm looking at getting one.There are a few types,any suggestions as to which one is the best?BTW i live in Sydney south............thanks.

All these while I thought there only one type... RTA etag/etoll

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 > CL9 > RE4
    yeah, etag should be fine on top windscreen.. even cover by black glasses. as long is not block by thing..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux Sat-Nav 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Pup View Post
    In the honda luxury its the horrible black thing on the top of the front windscreen

I was told by the sales guy it was the antana and I read it in an information booklet thing and from a honda rep.

I hope its the antana cause otherwise its bloody ugly and I want it gone hahaha!

Am thinking about the 3M ones, I don't like suction cups from experaince of it constantly falling off! (other things not an e-tag)

But its good to know it will still work through that black holely thing on the front window regardless!!!
    I thought that black device was the sensor for the auto-dimming rear view mirror. Maybe it's also the rain sensor for the wipers.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro lxry
    All my cars are flagged....had trouble with one not working took it back...they checked it told me it was working fine...put it on wasn't working again...took it back again...asked me if i had new car, said yep...tinted windscreen, said yep....apparantly some cars have a metallic based tint on ther windscreen e.g renault's and they dont work properly.

So I dont have etag's in my car's at all, I always keep em topped up though....hehe ugly looking things anyhow lol

hold and put it out the window when going thru the tolls []

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    I just chuck mine on the dash and drive through the toll zones...
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

i got told that if you have a metallic windscreen the tag will only work IN the black shaded area which is the rain sensor that makes your wipers turn on automatically. apparently that's the only place that isn't metallic

Also found a website that sells e-tag brackets with the suction cap if anyone is interested www.unibrac.com

Member Array
    hold up, that ugly looking inverted black thing on my windscreen is an auto wiper??

so my 2003 lux is meant to sense when its raining and start the wipers??? because it doesnt right now...

PS: my etag is in the black area above the rear view mirror , works fine.