Cracked rocker cover

After taking my car in for a valve adjustment, it turns out that my rocker cover has a small crack and one of the bolts is stripped, which means it can't even be removed.

Honda wants almost $400 for a replacement rocker cover which seems like a lot. Where can I get one for less? I thought ebay might have cheap ones from the US, but I can't find much.

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting the stripped bolt out without making things worse? Is it likely to be stripped in the rocker cover or the head?

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    why don't you ask the mechanic to fix it since they phuked it

I don't know who did it. The rocker cover hasn't been touched since I bought the car (second hand).

Might've been the people who looked at it today, but I doubt it since they couldn't even get the cover off in the first place.

I've tried turning the bolt and pulling it with pliers, but it just keeps spinning and doesn't come out. Is cutting the head off the bolt the only way to get it out?
    Last edited by seanneko; 05-10-2012 at 07:49 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    oh sorry miss read lol got a pic? and yea you might have to cut the head off and with the crack why don't you try get it welded

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Might as well change to a red type R cover while your at it.