Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Integra DC5 Type S or 2009 Accord Euro Luxury?

Hey guys, I'm Damo, I've come here in an odd circumstance.

I'm considering selling my 2010 LV TDCI Focus as its given me a fairly serious problem in the last few weeks, if they give me shit and try get out of warranty then they can bet their ass this car will be gone.

I'm considering getting rid of it either for a:

2005 Integra Type S manual
    2009 Accord Euro Luxury manual

The Focus is my daily and I live out in rural Victoria. I tend to bash my cars up and down dirt roads, is the Type S very low?

Now I'm used to the torque my Focus puts out, which is pretty insane for a small car, so I'm not too sure how I'd go going to a Honda with their little torque, once you go diesel its pretty hard to go back

I'm after some opinions here on the forum, what do you guys recommend? I live next to a mountain range so the Integra kinda appeals to me, but the Accord Euro is a damn nice luxury car.

I do about 550km a week to and from work, and its all mostly 100km/h highway, so pretty much everything will be good on fuel.

Thanks much in advance
    Last edited by Big Damo; 27-09-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Well having a luxury car, driving in rural areas. I imagine there is not much concrete road but more rock roads. I'd hate to put a luxury or even a dc5 through that. Especially since the rock might chip the paint.

But if I had to choose, I'd choose the type S. Height wont be a problem, you can always adjust that if it does but it really shouldn't if you leave it at stock high. Hondas are good fun, you wont regret picking one up for some spirited driving at high RPM if you dare so down those mountain roads and such.
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    If you like torque go the Accord.

K24A3 ftw
    Choke dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
    Hey guys, I'm Damo, I've come here in an odd circumstance.

I'm considering selling my 2010 LV TDCI Focus as its given me a fairly serious problem in the last few weeks, if they give me shit and try get out of warranty then they can bet their ass this car will be gone.

I'm considering getting rid of it either for a:

2005 Integra Type S manual
    2009 Accord Euro Luxury manual

The Focus is my daily and I live out in rural Victoria. I tend to bash my cars up and down dirt roads, is the Type S very low?

Now I'm used to the torque my Focus puts out, which is pretty insane for a small car, so I'm not too sure how I'd go going to a Honda with their little torque, once you go diesel its pretty hard to go back

I'm after some opinions here on the forum, what do you guys recommend? I live next to a mountain range so the Integra kinda appeals to me, but the Accord Euro is a damn nice luxury car.

I do about 550km a week to and from work, and its all mostly 100km/h highway, so pretty much everything will be good on fuel.

Thanks much in advance
    I would pick the integra and carve up the hills
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Considering you spend so much time cruising on a highway, I think you'd appreciate the comfort and ambience of the Accord's cabin. It's also beautiful.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    Considering you spend so much time cruising on a highway, I think you'd appreciate the comfort and ambience of the Accord's cabin. It's also beautiful.

Meh what has the accord euro got over type s. Both have leather seats.. the type s isnt a tough sports car u will be very comfortable.. they both have sunroof.

Auto/manual/cruise control... u just leave it in 6th aint any hassle to me.. honestly go the type s... i wouldnt buy a accord, unless it is a famiky car

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    Meh what has the accord euro got over type s. Both have leather seats.. the type s isnt a tough sports car u will be very comfortable.. they both have sunroof.

Auto/manual/cruise control... u just leave it in 6th aint any hassle to me.. honestly go the type s... i wouldnt buy a accord, unless it is a famiky car
    The Accord looks much better.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by DakDak View Post
    If you like torque go the Accord.

K24A3 ftw
    Torque in the Euro is nothing compared to the torque in a Focus diesel. I drove the 2011 Focus diesel Platinum and damn it pulls. More torque than my 3.0L V6.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Torque in the Euro is nothing compared to the torque in a Focus diesel. I drove the 2011 Focus diesel Platinum and damn it pulls. More torque than my 3.0L V6.
    Yea thats because its a diesel. Op mentioned he liked torquey motors. The K24A3 is definitely the choice over a K20Z, in that department.

I had a K24 in my DC5. On the dyno I had maybe 180lb of torque?
    Choke dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Family or no family. Euro > Teg.
    wake up and take some sleeping tablets.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by DakDak View Post
    Yea thats because its a diesel. Op mentioned he liked torquey motors. The K24A3 is definitely the choice over a K20Z, in that department.

I had a K24 in my DC5. On the dyno I had maybe 180lb of torque?
    What are the odds he is going to KPRO his accord though.... let alone the dc5 is a lighter car than the accord.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    IMO, if you're going to pick between just those two cars, it depends on how little torque would you be able to tolerate and do you want more of a cruising car or something more orientated to those mountains you talk about

1) both are suitable cruisers (euro being better obviously, but the type s is definitely reasonable)
    2) I would imagine that the type s handles a lot better than the euro ... though someone else would have to comment here because I have never driven a euro to the limits I've driven my type s
    3) Torque wise, the type s is fairly gutless until you get it into the high rpm band. I reckon you'd still find it quite underwhelming compared to your focus. But then again ... I've driven a mazda mps and although the low-end torque is amazing, it just feels like it runs out of steam as the revs climb, whilst the type s (or any performance honda engine) has a real sense of urgency and just wants to keep going. Depends on what you like in an engine. Euro would be a more suitable choice if torque is important for you.
    4) Stock height for a type s is quite high. You won't have any problems with scraping. Honestly - for a sports car it's a 4x4 hahaha