Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH

91 Accord EXi Manual 350xxxkms... Are they good?

I am currently looking at a 1991 Honda Accord EXi, it has a 1.5Ltr (i believe) done 350,500kms, (dont know the history due to I work at a wreckers and my boss just bought this for parts) and he told me I can have it for $500. It is manual, electric everything, orignal radio is suffed (dont care), orignal faded factory alloy wheels, havent tested the cruise control, I took it for a drive around the paddock and it feels nice and easy, sunroof works prefect, its red but the bonnet is fading, the engine looks oily but i will do a compression test before i decide, and there are little bits missing (one of the power windows knobs broken, not centre steering wheel piece. But for $500... would you buy it and use it for daily driving (120kms per day)?

And what else do i need to look for or be aware in the future? and are they nice to drive in? I know the fuel would be the same as my D16y8 EK1 Civic

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Well for startes
    Youre running a 2.2 Litre F22a9 SOHC Engine
    Your best bet would be to do a leak down and compression test
    Does your boss know why it was sent to the junkyard?
    Only thing youd need to look at is the transmission
    Dizzy O-ring tends to sh1t itself
    Balance shaft seal would also need to be checked
    You may have a minor to major oil leak
    If you do buy it for $500
    You are getting one of hondas best ever made cars (350, XXXkms) says it all
    You'll want to do a timing belt change and change over most rubber hosing
    Good luck and get back to us
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH
    Cheers, it was sent because the guy couldnt sell it, plus I live where every p plater wants a commy or a hilux. And bad news which i found out today my trial at work is almost finished meaning I have to save money meaning the Accord is going to the crusher after we get our parts off it plus found heaps of rust in the boot (the radio aerial is missing)

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Ah well, sorry to hear
    Totes get me some parts man :P
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum