Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cya 13b

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Oh man nice save with the build thread
    Good job on getting that J's racing engine
    Does it eel *better* than the last one
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic '92 hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by IEVAQ8 View Post
    did u have the new engine tuned or dynoed to see how it was and wat it made???
    Well I guess I left a few points out. Firstly I wanted to add to Jasemas's question of how hard I was pushing it (the previous motor), that the ECU for that motor had been chipped by ECU Man, and revved to about 9000 rpm lol. So for that motor I guess it was being pushed very very hard lol.

Anyway, with this J's motor I had no need for that ECU since it came with its own J's racing ECU! It has their official logo plate on it, so I already have a good tune for this motor. To run it I needed to get a conversion harness, so I got a Rywire. It turned out that I needed an obd1 to obd2a conversion, as opposed to the obd2b I expected. I guess this ECU was originally from a B18 or something, since B16Bs are only obd2b I believe?

And no I haven't had it dynoed. I wanted to take it to V&E's dyno day recently, but I busted a motor mount at the drag strip a couple of weeks before and didn't have the time to fix it yet! More on that in the next post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Oh man nice save with the build thread
    Good job on getting that J's racing engine
    Does it eel *better* than the last one
    Yes, it feels amazingly better! The power is substantially increased, and another contributor to the enhanced feel is the aftermarket LSD (previously I had no LSD at all). The traction is unbelievable. The power makes its way to the tyres so much better. When you're accelerating through or out of a turn it just pulls you right through it!

Also in that track day I wasn't running the J's racing headers since the flange was different to my old one, and didn't really have time to get it put on properly before Yonas' track day (which I really wanted to attend since it was only about 20 cars!) so I just ran my old X-force 4-2-1 headers. Hopefully we'll see an improvement with that as well in the next outing, now that the J's headers are on!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic '92 hatch
    So as I alluded to, I did take the car to Eastern Creek drags a few Wednesdays ago. The commentators affectionately referred to my car as the red rocket haha. My car is not intended to be a race car, but I was just so excited with how it performed on the track that I had to do something with it, so I went to the drags a couple days later haha.

We had some issues with scrutineering because my passenger side window wouldn't go up (damn power windows), but we eventually got it up by powering the motor directly using jumper cables from the battery.

Here I am with my head mechanic JDM-derek in scrutineering once we had the window up

On my first run I passed the quarter mile in 13.731 seconds! Was pretty happy! My opponent was an R33 GTR who did it in 14.1. Bit of a surprise ay
    I'll link to a video of this once it's done uploading.

Then I came up against a ford who did 11s haha (let's not talk about that)

Then I came up against an Evo 8. This time I got a better launch and did a 13.600! The evo did 14.1s haha . unfortunately the video of this race came out very blurry

But on the way back to the paddock I smelt a coolant smell. Worried, I opened the bonnet and found this brown fluid everywhere! I panicked, but then calmed down once I noticed it was just a blown mount haha.

Happy with my best time, I called it a night (although I would've done so regardless of my satisfaction with my time lol). Here is the car after the ordeal:

Here are some other pics from the night

I have acquired some Hasport mounts this time. I'll be installing them in a few days (maybe tomorrow), and I'll write about this and other work coming up soon. Also I want to write about my oil cooler installation, and maybe get some help on relocating it!

Adios!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Dude, this is epic.

How much was the J's Racing engine??? I recall seeing that their B18C crate engines are $13k new!!
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    jdm is always best

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic '92 hatch
    Here guys: video of my first run. Me vs R33 GTR. Bit of an upset!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7hpuF6d01Y

Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    Dude, this is epic.

How much was the J's Racing engine??? I recall seeing that their B18C crate engines are $13k new!!
    Thanks I got the motor package with box and everything (ECU, wiring, etc) for a lot less than that haha (about half). Given that it's used and all.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Gtr must be a shitty driver. Stock 33r's capable of mid high 13's
    Last edited by PHO; 15-04-2013 at 12:55 AM.
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    how fkn shameful for the r33 guy

I would have driven out the gate and left after that

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic '92 hatch
    well hey we were both virgins at that stage! I spoke to the guy after haha. He ended up getting a best of 13.8 that night

Member Array
    Car:
    EK

thumbs up cause im a true blue AUSSIE =).
    B-serious m8

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic '92 hatch
    Good times, good times

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    hahahah nice one bor
    feel my bbc
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre