Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux

RTA and supercharger?

Hi guys,

Just curious as to what needs to be done in order to keep the car to be legal after the addition of a supercharger? I suspect that an engineers cert will have to be done but what other criterias are there it other rules that we need to abide too in order for it to be legal?
    And what processes do we need to do?

I had a quick look on the RTA website but not too much found. Other Forums have people with different views as to what needs to be done etc.

Do I just need to notify the insurance company?
    What did u guys have to do?

I'm debating between building my k24 motor bottomend with cams or keep to OEM reliability and go supercharger. But don't want it to be a headache to get the car all legal for insurance purposes.
    There are a few supercharged builds that I've seen so it would interesting if you can chime in.

Cheers for the input.
    Last edited by snYpz; 29-09-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Blown NHBP CL9
    My SC euro had to be engineered. Brake upgrade was req.

ecu tune + compliance with IM240 emissions tests.

All sweet, 100% cop friendly.
    V T E C h n i q u e
    Since 2001
    OG Member #3

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    supercharger or turbo = same thing dude...

emissions tests is the biggest part but after you pass that its all quite eazy
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    1987 CRX ED9
    I was thinking of going the SC route as well. If i go SC and keep the motor totally stock will it still be reliable? I realise that it depends how i drive it but just curious if i need to go then internal route.

As for the RTA im not too sure abiout the SC but when i had the Turbo D CRX it was a nightmare. As already mentioned emissions tests were the worst. But once i have the engineering certificate i was sweet.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
    I was thinking of going the SC route as well. If i go SC and keep the motor totally stock will it still be reliable? I realise that it depends how i drive it but just curious if i need to go then internal route.

As for the RTA im not too sure abiout the SC but when i had the Turbo D CRX it was a nightmare. As already mentioned emissions tests were the worst. But once i have the engineering certificate i was sweet.
    SC or Turbo are the exact same rules apply! engineering certificate with emissions tests

Anyway SC are way more reliable than a Turbo

PSI is set by the pulley size and more accurate = saver tuning
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    1987 CRX ED9
    K-Pro seems to be the way to go without spending the big bucks then i think. I wouldnt want to throw a SC or Turbo on there without doing the internals mods too. Bit too pricey right now for me. Saving for a house comes first