Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    At least the little ED lives for another day

Maybe not mainstream classic, but I think we can agree cult classic...
    Last edited by shake; 12-10-2012 at 03:33 PM. Reason: add pic

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic Sedan

Cult.....agree

even down to the original stainless steel exhaust tips !

Very tidy indeed ^^

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic Sedan
    My turn....thought I finally fixed the flooding issue and it's showing its ugly signs again ! WTF could be wrong apart from the fact that these are 21 yr old cars....oh that's it they are 21 yr cars !!! I guess salvage another carb but any other ideas ?

The only thing I haven't replaced is one solenoid, fuel filter and choke assembly.

How does your issue present each morning?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic Sedan
    Lots of cranking, coughs into life, black smoke and smells of fuel under the bonnet. After 15 or so seconds it runs fine. After all of the recent work I did she started perfectly everytime for a few weeks there until now. Is it a choke issue akin to your drama ?

Mine would fire up fine, then overfuel. Check that the choke opener is dropping out while cranking. The problem with mine was that it didn't pickup after it had stated, due to a hole in it.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic Sedan
    Choke is fine because if you manually force it on while the engine is running it starts to drop revs and almost die i.e. the opener is dropping out. Got me really stumped...perhaps it's the warmer weather. Looks as if I need to find a dead civic (auto) with lower k's than ours and salvage the carbies. Thanks for your help.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic Sedan
    Fixed (fingers crossed) ! Found that the vacuum line going to the air vent cut-off solenoid valve had come off. 2 days of beautiful starts so far. Thought it was odd that it went all crap all of a sudden.