Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Anyone not insuring their s2k with Shannon's is getting ripped off, I have an agreed value of over 30k (2001 ap1) and pay somewhere around the $900. Mark for full comp.

Seriously if you are not on p plates call Shannon's and see what they can do for you.

I also have the supra insured with them and that is even cheaper!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    They quoted me $2200

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic, S15 200SX
    I just recently bought a 99 S2K... Got insurance with RACV.. Agreed $16k they wouldn't go any higher.... Paying $1.8k a year, 23 yrs old... Shannon's needed to be over 25 I think, and below 5,000kms or 10,000kms a year... Can't regardless of my age and I use my car as a daily

shannons has no such policy on over 25 and the amount of k's you do.

They look for "driving experience" and the number of k's doesnt even come in to it.

I've been insured with them since I was about 20. My rate (25yrs, $25k value) is 1300 I think. Something around there anyway.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic, S15 200SX
    Quote Originally Posted by daevilone View Post
    shannons has no such policy on over 25 and the amount of k's you do.

They look for "driving experience" and the number of k's doesnt even come in to it.

I've been insured with them since I was about 20. My rate (25yrs, $25k value) is 1300 I think. Something around there anyway.
    The km's could be with another insurer, at the time I was getting quotes everywhere to find a good rate.

This is what it says on the website for Shannon's when you try get an online quote..
    "
    You are the registered owner of the car.
    Your car has no pre-existing or unrepaired damage and is in a good state of repair (except for Laid Up
    cover only).
    Your car is for private use.
    Your car is valued at $50,000 or less.
    Your car is not for business use.
    Your car is not your main form of transport and you don't use it on a daily basis.
    Your car has been insured in the last 30 days.
    All drivers are aged 25 years or over.
    None of the drivers have lost or had their licence suspended in the last 5 years.
    None of the drivers have had a vehicle stolen or written off in the last 5 years.
    None of the drivers have had any insurance cancelled or refused.
    None of the drivers have had more than 2 motor accidents (including fire & theft) in the last 5 years.
    None of the drivers have had more than 4 traffic infringements &/or offences (excluding parking fines) in
    the last 5 years.
    None of the drivers have had criminal convictions in the last 5 years.
    You are currently not bankrupt or in receivership. "

Take note of the age requirement

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=hawkeye2jz;3743158]Anyone not insuring their s2k with Shannon's is getting ripped off, I have an agreed value of over 30k (2001 ap1) and pay somewhere around the $900. Mark for full comp.

Seriously if you are not on p plates call Shannon's and see what they can do for you.

I also have the supra insured with them and that is even cheaper![/QUOTE

Interesting info. I will get a quote if them and see how that goes.

Member Array
    Car:
    Turbo s2000
    How the hell are you all getting such cheap quotes!?!?!?

I'm 27, rating 1 and paying $2.2k / PA for agreed value of $22,000...

I have a garage, decent suburb blah blah... WTF is it cos the thing is turbo? Any other turbo owners or highly modified owners out there? Who you with and how much you paying yo! Help a brother out. Not many people will insure a modified S2k... Shannons and Rhino will do it

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I just changed from Just Car to AAMI. I got my renewal letter from Just Car asking for a $1780 and lowering the value of my car (No at fault claims made). I did a quote with AAMI and they did it for $1030 with a slightly higher agreed value and less excess.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    To clarify, just car is owned by aami.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylaan View Post
    I just changed from Just Car to AAMI. I got my renewal letter from Just Car asking for a $1780 and lowering the value of my car (No at fault claims made). I did a quote with AAMI and they did it for $1030 with a slightly higher agreed value and less excess.
    Weird cause when I tried, AAMI wanted a lot more than Just Car for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaorpowr View Post
    How the hell are you all getting such cheap quotes!?!?!?

I'm 27, rating 1 and paying $2.2k / PA for agreed value of $22,000...

I have a garage, decent suburb blah blah... WTF is it cos the thing is turbo? Any other turbo owners or highly modified owners out there? Who you with and how much you paying yo! Help a brother out. Not many people will insure a modified S2k... Shannons and Rhino will do it
    Yes, once you have Turbo, you're stuffed...

Quote Originally Posted by danNyja1 View Post
    The km's could be with another insurer, at the time I was getting quotes everywhere to find a good rate.

This is what it says on the website for Shannon's when you try get an online quote..
    "
    You are the registered owner of the car.
    Your car has no pre-existing or unrepaired damage and is in a good state of repair (except for Laid Up
    cover only).
    Your car is for private use.
    Your car is valued at $50,000 or less.
    Your car is not for business use.
    Your car is not your main form of transport and you don't use it on a daily basis.
    Your car has been insured in the last 30 days.
    All drivers are aged 25 years or over.
    None of the drivers have lost or had their licence suspended in the last 5 years.
    None of the drivers have had a vehicle stolen or written off in the last 5 years.
    None of the drivers have had any insurance cancelled or refused.
    None of the drivers have had more than 2 motor accidents (including fire & theft) in the last 5 years.
    None of the drivers have had more than 4 traffic infringements &/or offences (excluding parking fines) in
    the last 5 years.
    None of the drivers have had criminal convictions in the last 5 years.
    You are currently not bankrupt or in receivership. "

Take note of the age requirement
    Actually, don't bother with trying online quote, cause according to Shannon's Online Database, the S2000 doesn't exist...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

shannons are also very particular about the car they insure. they wouldnt touch my legend unless i had something more exotic or was a member of a car club. anyone else having those issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Ten Four View Post
    QBE
    Dads
    $710 P/A, agreed $25k. 113km, 1999 model.
    Renewed
    $870 P/A ($72.50 monthly, forget what the actual P/A amount is), agreed $23,750. 114km, 1999 model.