Member Array
    Car:
    Want A Jazz

D16A8, ITBS & Hondata S200 - Some questions

Hi guys,

well my little project is moving along nicely. i've got my ITBs made up, a vac box some lumpy cams. I've also got a obd0 - > obd1 conversion harness and a D16A8 OBD1 ECU (unopened) and a dizzy.
    Now im finally getting my ECU sorted i found a Hondata s200 and a P29 ECU. I also have a Apexi AFC-NEO (i was told this is a good to fine tune it, and i got it for peanuts brand new so if i use it or dont use it makes no difference)
    I also plan on getting a wideband and gauge so i can try to do some tunes on my own down the track.

My questions are as follows:

Will a S200 be enough to run ITBS?

Using the AFC Neo is this going to make things harder or easier?
    I've heard mixed reports, some people say that it will be good to fine tune the fuel and others have told me its not going to be doing anything useful and it might hamper the s200 - whats the right answer?

Should i upgrade my TPS?
    Im using the TPS that is on my ITBS (ITBS are a custom made unit using the CBR600 TPS) is there any need to upgrade this or should i just swap this with the standard one?

Should i upgrade my MAP?
    Again i would just be using standard is there any benefit in upgrading for ease of tuning?

Any help for the above would be welcomed

Cheers

EDIT:
    My ITBS:
    . h i t o r i k o .

s300 would be a lot easier as it has specific options ot help with ITB tuning, but with the s200, you can use the boost tables to extend your existing colums to accomodate values for the s200.

Stock MAP sensor is fine as it is good for 14 or s PSI.

Save yourself the hassle and upgrade to s300.
    EG

Account Disabled Array
    ^ Upgrade to S300.

I wouldn't be using an Apexi Neo for ITB tuning. Firstly, find someone who is comfortable with tuning ITB's. Then buy an EMS they are comfortable tuning with. It is very difficult to tune ITB's and make good power from. Make life easier by using Alpha-N.

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Sick setup man!

Got anymore information regarding the build ?
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    Want A Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    I wouldn't be using an Apexi Neo for ITB tuning. Firstly, find someone who is comfortable with tuning ITB's. Then buy an EMS they are comfortable tuning with. It is very difficult to tune ITB's and make good power from. Make life easier by using Alpha-N.
    I wont be using an AFC Neo to tune as such, i would be using it to iron out any wrinkles, as i said i was told that to use it for this function as thats about all it is good for in my case.
    Im not going to buy a EMS i'd rather stick to hondata s200 if at all possible.
    My setup isn't going for power. If i was after power it would be a ebay turbo kit cheap easy power an just rplace the turbo when it dies

Quote Originally Posted by tiksie View Post
    Sick setup man!

Got anymore information regarding the build ?
    Plenty what would you like to know mate
    Its nothing special but happy to give you any info you need
    Last edited by hitoriko; 03-10-2012 at 06:49 PM.
    . h i t o r i k o .