Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: V8 s2000 dream

V8 s2000 dream

Hi guys iv. Always wanted a n s2000, but to add a little spice to it. Where in Australia could I find a wrecked s2000 like blown motor or whatever's, so I could buy an s2000 for cheap and put a ls1 in it. After recently returning from
    America and seeing this done commonly( to an extent), the setup isn't as shot as I thought it would be. It's actually pretty mad. So where could I find an s2000 shell or one been in an accident so I could begin this project?
    GR:33:KI

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I think dud engine S2000s might be a little hard to find. Most see enough value in the car to rebuild/replace the engine.

Now, to the issue of V8. If you have driven and experienced an S2000 and find it to your liking I think you would find an S2000 body with a prehistoric technology overweight lump under the hood a little disappointing. No VTEC, damn not even overhead cam, let alone cams. It will be torquey but it won't rev or go round corners real well. And I'm guessing you'd have to replace the drive train as well, so no more beautiful short throw gearbox (shudder, you wouldn't go auto would you), and S2000 diff and axles would have to be replaced, either during the project, or after the first time you engage the clutch and shatter them.

But hey, I don't want to discourage you. I am all in support of you buying an S2000 with a dud engine, having it sit in you garage taking up space for a few years and then me buying it off you cheap for my electric S2000 project.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Auss2000, ever driven a car with an ls1?

Sent from my custard cannon like Peter North.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Last edited by AusS2000; 19-08-2011 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Added vid!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    So youd agree then that its far from "a prehistoric technology overweight lump"?

Just because it doesnt have OHC and 4 valves per cylinder doesnt make it shit.

However, if iw as putting a V8 into an S2k, id go with the ls3 or the l76/l98
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    So youd agree then that its far from "a prehistoric technology overweight lump"?
    No, I wouldn't. Why would you assume that? You asked if I had ever driven an LS1 powered car (in order, I assume, to nullify my opinion) and I proved, beyond any reasonable doubt that I was somewhat familiar with the type we are talking about. Doesn't change my opinion, it just proves that it is one garnered from a position of experience rather than ejaculated from a custard cannon.

The LS1 has 'technology' carried over from the 60s and 70s with a complete disregard for improvements made over the last half century in engine design. It subscribes to the "no replacement for displacement" theology that only survives in this day and age because a complete ignorance of modern technology.
    Last edited by AusS2000; 21-08-2011 at 11:53 AM.

so back to the point of this thread? anyone know where i can get an s2000 just really looking for one with a blown motor

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    S2kjn knows of one.

really? any more details. im super interested. wanna buy one and start the project asap.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    i think due to our location and the constant, "just get a v8 mate" really sinks into to people lol
    f20c is a more than capable motor

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    He he, yeah that'll do.