Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Performance Parts for EK1

What are some parts that a relatively cheap that i can put into my EK1 for moar power without doing an engine swap?

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    same with everything else, Intake Headers Exhaust, IHE. exhaust probably more rewarding, but more expensive. there's no real cheap thing thats going to give you more power.
    Go on ebay get a venom high flow CAT ($200), go to an exhaust shop get the new CAT put on plus a new system from the headers back - 2.5inch max- ($350).
    Should give you some kw's + sound good and you might even be able to feel the less restriction.

Then headers, or get a turbo kit ,Turbo would be better choice of the 2 but after a turbo if you want more power then you need to do a engine swap which means the turbo was just a waste of time and money.
    So you should get a engine swap and then turbo that later.

either way if you get the High Flow CAT and the headers back exhaust made up, then those are mods which will give you power now, and wont have to be wasted if you upgrade in the future.

Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    There isn't much to extract from the D series motor apart from force induction.

I would just stick to simple bolt on mods and some suspension mods.
    Enjoy the car handling wise. It's very nimble once you throw on some handling mods.

If budget can be stretched, do a budget k24 swap. plenty of potential from the K series motors.

Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    Oh yeah, before you start spending money on power mods,

You might want to check out if your motor is healthy and all the service parts are top notch and not worn out.
    A motor that's worn out and has low compression will obviously have less power than when it's healthy and running strong.

So definitely make sure your motor is in good nick otherwise there is no point doing mods.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    tyres, thick ctr sway bar for the rear, new bushes all round, lighter wheels, weight reduction on the interior, 2" exhaust with headers, cai with sealed box
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Thanks for the feedback, yeah im gonna go with the new exhaust system, Air intake, new headers and a good service

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    wouldnt waste cash on headers just yet. incase it doesnt feed your power thirst

and intake isnt really that useful and just attract cops.

HD clutch and lighten flywheel.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK 1
    From a performance standpoint, a front and rear sway bar, plus good tyres and new/better shocks, new bushes, your car will handle much better.

However if its Killa Wasps your after, save up for an engine upgrade, and by that stage you will be looking at upgrading to bigger brakes.

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodzr View Post
    What are some parts that a relatively cheap that i can put into my EK1 for moar power without doing an engine swap?
    bolt on turbo kit.

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Quote Originally Posted by chauster View Post
    bolt on turbo kit.
    Seems to be the answer to most questions on here. Cheapest and most reliable source of powahhh
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au