Clutch issues on DC2R...Advice needed.

Hey wondering if anyone has encountered something similar to the problem I'm having.

First time I noticed a problem was around last week when it began being difficult to put it into second and third gear. I needed to put some force when putting it into gear. Seems to be easier when rev matching and changing down gears.

After that first incident I noticed that when taking off from stand still the car would kind of shudder when trying to engage first gear. Even in reverse there wouldn't be a smooth transition.

Ever since I bought the car I have noticed there would be a faint clutch smell even when driving and changing gears normally.

Anyone know what the problem could be.

Hoping its as simple as the clutch pedal needs to be adjusted or clutch bled. Realistically though its probably the pressure plate.

On a side note, if I do need a clutch kit would you guys suggest OEM or Aftermarket, thinking this one doesn't look too bad for the price:

http://www.jdmyard.com/index.php?rou...&product_id=57

If its shuddering overly its the flywheel surface - might be warped disc or uneven deposits on the flywheel itself ( burn mark etc)
    A pressure plate issue will make it hard to select gears sometimes
    The disc may of failed too

I'd get a stage 1 exedy organic clutch kit - contact JDMYARD or US eBay for the part

And myself for the install ;0)

Or DR HONDA , Hannys etc

OEM too expensive. I suggest Excedy stage 1 like in the link or Excedy OEM replacement WITH a lightweight flywheel. Chances are old flywheel would need replacing/machining, so while you are there you can replace that also.
    EG

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post

And myself for the install ;0)

Or DR HONDA , Hannys etc
    Since you are in SA, Dan at Honda dynamiks will do the install for you.
    EG

Quote Originally Posted by infurNOS View Post
    Since you are in SA, Dan at Honda dynamiks will do the install for you.
    Yeah I would have definitely gone to Dan but I'm in Canberra now and no one can recommend a good mechanic.

I called Rolfe Honda, the dealer/service center here. They quoted $295 for the OEM pressure plate (not labor), and the flywheel will most likely need to be machined. So at that price I might be able to save a bit over buying the Exedy.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    98 SII DB8R
    If your in SA I know of a good mechanic that knows his Hondas and does an excellent job. He's the service manager for Formula Honda on North East Rd, ask for Hiro. Good to get a second opinion from this guy!

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM B18CR
    Problem is ur clutch is worn. Even cracked. So deposits are flying all over the place. Would recommend to replatch clutch asap before you cant engage in any gears and will have to tow it to your mechanic.

Simple clutch and flywheel changeover can be done at any shop.

Will the Sports Organic clutch suit the stock gear box or will it potentially put too much stress on it. Also, does anyone know if the one I linked to is made in Australia or Japan, I have read the Australian made ones aren't as good.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18C7
    I'm running sports organic and lightened flywheel on my B18C7 , no problems .
    " MY VTECC GOES BWAHHHHHHHH BAHHHHHHH BWA BWA BWAAHHHHHHH "