Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK

can someone explain to me the best way to vent a valve cover for a turbo vtir setup?

i am currently turbo'in my b18c2 , and im wonderin which is the best way about running an oil catch can and venting the valve cover as im aware its highly recommended on boosted setups .
    I was thinking to remove the pcv valve and the black box thing at the back , blocking off the holes and making 2 vents of the valve cover to a catch can? is this the right way to go about things and does anyone know a seller that has the parts to do this preferably in aus? couldnt find much on ebay.
    any help is appreciated cheers

Venting the valve cover and the approproate sized catch can IS the best set up.

This thread is very helpful:

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1199935
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    You prbs wont even need a catch can setup, ive seen many b/d series motors boosted with no catch can setup if its just a mild setup, just plumb the breather hose back into the intake pipe of the turbo an its legal, its the only way to do it without resorting to a catch can setup, which in most cases catch cans which vent into the atmo are illegal.
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    You could try this https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0943445&type=3

BYP will have it.

As for legality...well, turbo charging your car is not exactly legal unless you've had it engineered right? In any case, practically any mod we do to our car is illegal.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 + EG
    Personally i like my setup in addition to running a breather off the rocker cover;

Ipg block breather

IMG_6080 by Andrew Foy Imaging, on Flickr

The plugs are replaced with -10an fittings and I ran them to a large peterson catch can. Pricey but proper.

IMG_6093 by Andrew Foy Imaging, on Flickr

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 + EG
    As for that works kit, those lines look so small they'd be pointless.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    The internal diameter of the lines to the catch can are the same as stock. There's no real point of having them any bigger as the stock nipples are of that size anyway.

For a street car that only sees the occassional track day, a larger can is not really necessary. If a car is having that much blow-by, then there's a bigger problem that needs to be looked at.

Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    You prbs wont even need a catch can setup, ive seen many b/d series motors boosted with no catch can setup if its just a mild setup, just plumb the breather hose back into the intake pipe of the turbo an its legal, its the only way to do it without resorting to a catch can setup, which in most cases catch cans which vent into the atmo are illegal.
    Can't be good for the motor though as the valve cover should not see an vacuum caused by the boost pressurising it.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    i have the 2 fittings with washers brand new genuine OEM items,
    i bought them and decided to go alternative route...

if ur interested, pm me

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by infurNOS View Post
    Can't be good for the motor though as the valve cover should not see an vacuum caused by the boost pressurising it.
    alot of the older turbo 80's/90's cars run this setup... On my turbo setup i will be goin this route to see how it goes with an without a pvc setup

"One method for evacuating the crankcase is to allow the Intake(pre-turbo) to draw out these gasses. In my tests their was a linear load dependent vacuum drawn using this method. None to insignificant amount of vacuum drawn at idle and low load conditions, moderate load created 0.25 psi(0.5") of vacuum, and high load/WOT created a maximum vacuum of 0.5 psi (1") vacuum. One does not need to use a check valve with this approach as their is never any reason for pressure to force its way into the crankcase.

Their is a positive and negative aspect to this approach. The great thing about this method is that it is the only method which allows one to completely eliminate any blow-by gasses from contaminating the environment. The downside is that it contaminates the Intake charge with oil/fuel/contaminants. "
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    hey lil foy

what brand sandwhich plate is that?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lil_foy View Post
    Personally i like my setup in addition to running a breather off the rocker cover;

Ipg block breather

IMG_6080 by Andrew Foy Imaging, on Flickr

The plugs are replaced with -10an fittings and I ran them to a large peterson catch can. Pricey but proper.

IMG_6093 by Andrew Foy Imaging, on Flickr
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 + EG
    Greddy