Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: b18c build!!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK civic

b18c build!!!

so the rings in my last motor have gone and i think its time to upgrade... i wat to build a B18c* with stonger parts so i can put my old turbo on it... all signs point to the jdm type r however if in going to upgrade everything in the motor is it nessicary to buy a type r and are the blocks on all b18's the same? thanks guys

Member Array
    Car:
    b18 ek
    i believe a b18c2 is a better turbo platform because of the lower compression and longer gears of its gearbox.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Depends if you want low boost with high compression and no lag.
    Or high boost, low compression and lots of lag!

Quote Originally Posted by unl3a5h View Post
    i believe a b18c2 is a better turbo platform because of the lower compression and longer gears of its gearbox.
    This!
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    If u running low boost and not touching the internals. Id boost the B18c7 over the B18c2 any day! Not the mention the LSD in the gear box!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK civic
    i want to replace the internals with stronger parts and run a high amount of boost... are the gearboxes interchangeable because the lsd would help???

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Yes they are. Is this going to be a daily drive. As high boost honda arnt a daily drive!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    type r box would be good for its diff, lsd is a must for turbo FF machines, but dem short ratios.. haha.

*skreeeee! CHIRP! CHIRP! CHIRP!*
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    haha imagine the fuel econonmy with a tubro b18c7 going 100 down a highway.
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    i have vtir b18c with T3/To4 Turbo running standard internal and 8.5psi, gearbox (oem non-LSD) and i put in Mfactory 4.7 final drive and 1.5way LSD and the gear ratio isnt that short like everyone thinks.
    my turbo already making full boost at 4.5k rpm and stay 8.5psi all the way til 8.2k rpm.

so with the type R gearbox (close to 4.7 final drive) isnt that bad with the turbo b.

but i think you better off getting the b18c2 and get a good aftermarket LSD and boost.
    cheaper that way, because if you run high boost, the oem type R LSD will not hold well, soon or later you need to upgrade your LSD.
    and if you are going to rebuilt the engine with forged items, no point getting the type R, the b18c2 has better intake manifold (dual runners) gives you better mid-range, which helps spooling the turbo.

might as well do it right the first time.
    Last edited by connorling; 09-10-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Banned Array
    Car:
    NondaRalliJuzz
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    haha imagine the fuel econonmy with a tubro b18c7 going 100 down a highway.
    its actually not that bad..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK civic
    so basically buy a b18c2 (also alot cheaper) and upgrade the gearbox??? where can i find parts for the box?