Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array

Honda addict from UK, now in Perth!

Hey all,

So, took the plunge recently (5 weeks last Sunday) and moved to Perth from sunny England. Was in the Honda scene for a good 3-4 years over there, and built a range of cars. I like to think i knew the proverbial "shit load", but that's kind of been diluted by the fact that all your models are different and you use different engines, wtf!

Keep seeing awesome cars go by though, saw a CRX on TE37's at a garage in Vincent area (prestige garage with Ferarri's and Merc's - not barbagallo's place), saw a sick, sick EK9 go by too, and seen 2 or 3 s2000's, so know the scene is ok over here, just finding where you guys hang out without having my own car ha.

Anyway, my car history. I was massively into the "stance" scene, but i love any kind of Honda, but mainly i love my wheels and have been through 5-6 genuine sets of awesome wheels.

First up, my '94 VTi. Bought this standard and did a shit load to it. Long story short, B16 out, B20 in, 200bhp, blew up after 6 days, B16 back in with map, still walk over oem VTI's.

Sold that on and decide to see what this stance business was about. Went in blind, came out much poorer and learnt almost everything i know through fiddling with the offsets and camber on this car. Also noting the EGK front bumper (EK vents in an EG bumper)

Was a good car, but was an auto 1.5 and super slow, so decided to sell up and build my most crazy car yet.

Don't really know about your models, but we have a 'DX' which is bottom of the range, 1.3 carb, no sunroof, no electrics etc, lightest OEM Civic they ever did i believe, but also the slowest. Flew up to Scotland, drove the 9 hours back in one hit and started ripping it apart a few weeks later. Dropped everything of it so it was pretty much just a shell, and put everything from a SiR delsol on (almost everything). JDM B16A, subframe, hubs, brakes, fuel tank from a VTi, loom from a ESi adapted to run the knock sensor of a B16A etc.

Went through 5 different sets of wheels on her ha.

Advan SA3R. This was still as a 1.3

Buddyclub P1's, this was now B16, can see the Recaro Pole Position too, awesome seat!

I then revisited my stance direction.

BBS RM010 rebuilt to 7.5j and 8j, gold hardware, white barrels and polished lips. Front's were spaced out 25mm. Miss this setup the most.

Then back to normality for a few weeks with some Sprint Hart CP-F's resprayed in GM Arrival blue metallic, i believe.

Finally, it's final, and most well known look. 'caused a stir on internet because of the crazy fitment of wheels, even on a 15x8.25j, had to run 165/50 to get the fitment. As far as a know, was around the 3rd lowest Civic in the country too, too low in fact on a B16, smashed 2 gearboxes. By smash, i mean, imploded to the point i couldn't come out of the gear i was on when i hit the floor...

So, that's my crazy intro, but hoping to stick around a while so that's my story.

If anyone does fancy going out on a limb and picking me up from Mt Hawthorn to hit up any meets, either big or small, let me know.

Also interested to help with any builds if a spare set of hands is needed, holla!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Nice resume you got there.
    Choke dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    crak whore
    illest
    you kunts are just too busy flippin burger pattys for me while im waiting in the drive through of mcdonalds in my s2k with my blonde bitch in the passenger seat.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 DC5 Type S
    Nice selection of cars you have owned there mate.

I like how you have sampled different styles and scenes. I like the BBS rims phase the most

Welcome!

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Nice
    Another Honda lover/member in Perth
    Like the eg5
    Dont like the stance thats my opinion
    Though i like what you did with that 'LX'
    Maad
    Any plans to get a Honda over here?
    btw Welcome
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    we have monthly cruises and stuff, come along.

next one's in late october.

Time to find a car now
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Nice
    Another Honda lover/member in Perth
    Like the eg5
    Dont like the stance thats my opinion
    Though i like what you did with that 'LX'
    Maad
    Any plans to get a Honda over here?
    btw Welcome
    Yeah, "stance" divides opinion. I like good fitment, the Civic was a bit overkill, but i went out to achieve that and go nuts. Wouldn't go that crazy again, hell, WA reg's don't allow me too.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    we have monthly cruises and stuff, come along.

next one's in late october.

Time to find a car now
    Sick, hopefully it's near a station ha, or are your meet's non-static?

Am on lookout for car, but need to save up a few months first, car's are so expensive here. For the price of a bulk standard D series EG here, i could buy a sick spec EG6 VTi, probably even SiR in UK, so frustratring. Hell, i sold that white EG for 2250 GBP, that's like $3500!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Fan boy prices + Scales of economy.
    Choke dealer

Member Array
    Yeah, noticed that

I'll sort something ha.

Welcome to Perth Simon. Haha.
    Those BBS rims looked awesome on the car! =O I think that'd be my favorite out of the bunch.

Yeh anyways I'm sure you can ride shotgun with one of us if you're still car-less at the moment.
    I probably won't be joining this month's meet though, I'll be working 7 days a week for most of the month.. Do we have a date yet I wonder for this month?

Member Array
    That'd be sick, will see if i can come along depending on where it is and just rock up.

Preferred the BBS too. Would of liked a little better fitment but heh ho. Need 16" really, otherwise the car is too low.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    will meet at city west early on a saturday morning
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC