Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Cxi

Any thoughts with this Dc2R

Im going to cash my 99 honda civic cxi and im looking for a dc2r. Do you all rekon this car would be a good buy? and does the black badge mean anything compared to the red? Thanks guys for your imput

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...0~1&sort=Price
    TrOLLing Aint Easy!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    From the pictures the rear bumper doesnt look aligned And the yellow on the bumpers look slightly differ colour. Maybe due to repainted or because the paints on plastic not metal. Also the black emblems mean they been replaced. Type R have Red. Meaning its been badged or I think its had a front and rear accident and the repairer went cheap and put them on!

The 2nd pic looks like the front bumper is not on properly, although could just be lighting.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    EG,DC2R,Euro
    Best to get a professional inspector if your a genuine buyer saves you trouble and hassles and youll know every problem

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-34.113675,150.803052

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Cxi
    Thanks guys for the observation. Ill get my mechanic to come out and have a good look. My friends were also wondering why it had black badges instead of red. Cheers.
    TrOLLing Aint Easy!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    If its a 2001 model how come it doesnt have yellow recaros? And yeah might have been in front end accident cause that vin plate thingy is suppose to be on the firewall not the radiator support. Best to ask though...

Quote Originally Posted by DTN View Post
    If its a 2001 model how come it doesnt have yellow recaros? And yeah might have been in front end accident cause that vin plate thingy is suppose to be on the firewall not the radiator support. Best to ask though...
    exactly what i noticed aswell... unless the seller f'd up advertising the build date
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by DTN View Post
    well spotted should have the little plate saying model and build date where the vin plate is (eg. DC2 JAN '01)... OP maybe a REVS check for peace of mind might be a good idea if you haven't considered this already.....

Quote Originally Posted by TGW92 View Post
    well spotted should have the little plate saying model and build date where the vin plate is (eg. DC2 JAN '01)... OP maybe a REVS check for peace of mind might be a good idea if you haven't considered this already.....
    Would usually say Sept 00. No DC2R would actually have 01 on the plate i dont think, apart from compliance

Thats what mine says anyways.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by infurNOS View Post
    Would usually say Sept 00. No DC2R would actually have 01 on the plate i dont think, apart from compliance

Thats what mine says anyways.
    ah I get it, thanks for that (mine is JAN 00 as well)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra DC2
    Where is the Red Honda badge? anyway, the price is a bit high for this condition. Bumper and the body colour has some different.
    VTEC just kick in YO!!

that is a weird gate in the background. spiderman?