Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    how much will it approx cost to set up a turvo system on a d16y8????

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    how long is a peice of string....
    stock engine ? built engine ? small boost huge boost ?
    your question can't be answered.... or i could give you the answer of $100,000.00 for a conversion !

Regards James

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3-R
    damn 100.000!?!
    jus buy GTR V-SpecII hehehehehehe! or somethin else
    BBC/IC

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    nar stay with a honda ;-)

ehehe

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCRX
    how long is a peice of string....
    stock engine ? built engine ? small boost huge boost ?
    your question can't be answered.... or i could give you the answer of $100,000.00 for a conversion !

Regards James
    my engine is stock as a rock.. ive heard u cant run to much boost on these engines so i prob settle for 6-8 pounds...
    do u suggest anything better??
    my budget is round 6 grand is this enough for a setup

Why dont you look at previous posts for a rough estimate.

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    6k you will be cutting lots of corners, skimping on engine mangerment turbo mainfold etc....but it all depends on what you want ! and how fast you want to go...

This is what i belive is minium on any turbo setup...before doing internals....

Turbo GT ballbearing 1500 - 2500
    Maxrev Log Style Stainless mainfold or Full Races Turbo Mainfold 1500 - 3000
    stainless with flex pipe Down Pipe 500
    Wastegate 600
    Waste gate dump into exhaust 400
    custom stainless Cooler pipes 900
    Injectors 660cc 800
    Fuel Pump 350
    Hondata s200 with boost 1290
    PWR Radiator 800
    2x 13" fan 250
    oil change 50
    filter change 20
    fuel filter 50
    air filter 100
    air intake piping 200
    fuel reg 300
    nuts bolts fittings materials 350
    Tuning 300
    labour 1500
    coolent 30
    plugs 15
    oil feed/drain/Water(EARLS/SS LINES 550
    silcon FOR ic 150
    oil sump baffel + drain 200
    intercooler 800
    clutch 850

and trust me theres a lotmore money you can spend....

That comes to $14,655 thank you very much!

Sounds like overkill to me.

All this guy wants is a simple setup, for $6k you can probably do it but you will be skimping on a few things. Having said that, YOU CAN DO IT! If you want a fun low boost car then it is possible. There are so many that have done it. Do some research, there's lots of information out there.

PM A.C.S DRAG, he should be able to help.

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    15k.... 11k more than he wants to spend.. but what would you cut corners on...

Or then again you could do this…

take out the clutch save 800... and kill your stock clutch in a week or 2....

take out the cooler save another 800...and hope your intake temps stay low...

take out the large injectors and just add one extra injector... hoping to get even fuel flow into the engine..(total cost $200) saves $600

take out using silicon for the cooler pipe joins and just use rubber which will leak boost after a while.. saving of 50$ there..

take out baffeling the oil sump hoping the oil drains from the turbo correctly and doesn’t back flow thus breakig your turbo.. saves another 100

take out the new spark plugs blah saved $15

who needs new oil, coolent, fuel filter, oil filter, when your cutting corners
    there's another $168 saved

while your at it take out the PWR radiator hoping the stock one keeps your car cool during 40deg days with the air con on, saves another $800

take out the after market fans, cut the stock ones make them fit or hell just don't run any fans ! saves another $250

take out buyin a nice air K&N filter, but a cheap noname brand pod saves $80

take out the polish intake piping and use flex pipe saves $180

take out the fuel reg, who needs static fuel pressure when your skimping on everything... thats another $300 saved

buy cheap none stainless bolts none high tensile from super cheap auto save another $150

use rubber hoses instead of ss line oil feeds and use brass oil fittings instead of earls fittings hoping the rubber lines don't melt and the fittings don't leak saves $300

Don't worry about a nice intake fuel pump just buy a $150 bosh fuel pump and have it inline sittin in your engine bay makin your stock pump work over time hoping it gives your enigne enough fuel, saves your $200

don't worry about a Hondata ECU just get a check valve and a FMU and hope the car run's right with random fuel injection from your extra injector, that saves $1000

you won't need to pay for tuning because you will be cutting corners and just using a FMU so that saves $300

take out the cost of the labour because the original post only asked about the cost of a kit.. not a fitted and installed ready to drive price. That saves another $1500

take out the stainless intercooler pipes, just use ruber pipes like the avo kit that saves $650

don't worry aobut using a external wastegate because your going to buy a cheap 2nd hand turbo with a internal wastegate that saves $600

you won't need a wastgate dump pipe now that your not using a external wastegate there's another $400 saved

modify your stock Honda dump pipe to bolt onto the turbo and don't use any flex pipe, which will cause your manifold 2 crack oh well your cutting corners do that dos't matter.... there's another $300 saved

That’s $9543.00 saved on cutting corners, before saving on the manifold and turbo buy cutting even more corners.

Use a cast iron turbo manifold like the cheap avo for $550 saves anywhere from $500 - $2000

buy a 2nd hand turbo with a internal wastgate shouldn’t cost more than 300 - 500$ that saves another $1000 - $2000

Total saving of... around $12,000.00

Wow all a sudden you have a cheap turbo kit $2480.00 would it work yes, would you have boost yes, would your car be faster yes, would it last long ??? Would the engine last more than a month? Would it be hassle free? could you drive it like a daily driven car with no worries, would you have to worry about ova boost, would it be fine on a hot day, etc etc etc at least with a $14,000 setup you could guarantee your self a hassle free perfectly working car. Now its always up to the end user to decide on which corners to cut, but for every $ saved no matter who does the work results in less reliability and more problems period….

Regards James

Chill out James. I'm just saying you don't always have to go all out and spend so much on a turbo setup. I agree with you in that you do it right first time but not everyone has a huge budget so recommending a list like the one above is sometimes overkill.

ah789454 is obviously not looking at spending that much which is why i said your suggestion was overkill. :P

Fuel and engine management is a critical part of any turbo setup so that is the one area i wouldn't skimp on.

Just my opinion on this thread, not everyone will agree.

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    When is a over kill a over kill thow ? who defines that ? its only defined by how much money you spend....although this topic is "how much cost for full turbo setup" define full turbo setup ? is that full turbo setup cutting corners or not...
    One could also argue if you won’t skimp on engine management why skimp on engine cooling ? or boost control ? or fuel setup ? Everything is critical ! but everything is limited to your pocket …. Sadly

So when are you coming to see me regarding a ecu for your boosted car ?

Regards James

When is a over kill a over kill thow ? who defines that ? its only defined by how much money you spend....although this topic is "how much cost for full turbo setup" define full turbo setup ? is that full turbo setup cutting corners or not...
    Exactly right! You can't determine that without some sort of criteria which is why you asked what they were after and the budget etc.

A budget of $6k was given so we should realistically try and help as much as possible to meet that.