Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    You are making minimum look close to maximum!

Turbo GT ballbearing 1500 - 2500 = Just get a T28 or T3 (T3's are cheap and easy to find I got mine new for $1,300)

Maxrev Log Style Stainless mainfold or Full Races Turbo Mainfold 1500 - 3000 - = You can get a nice stainless custom one made up to suit you setup for about $1,200
    stainless with flex pipe Down Pipe 500 = flex pipes $100 (3") dump $250
    Wasgate 600 = use the internal one $0
    Waste gate dump into exhaust 400 = no need $0
    custom stainless Cooler pipes 900 = $500 fitted
    Injectors 660cc 800 = no need for big arse ones! 440cc big enough! about $700 from RCEngineering (US)
    Fuel Pump 350
    Hondata s200 with boost 1290?? Not sure if you can use these on the older model Hondas. Try a link or microtech piggy back.
    PWR Radiator 800
    2x 13" fan 250
    oil change 50
    filter change 20
    fuel filter 50
    air filter 100
    air intake piping 200
    fuel reg 300
    nuts bolts fittings materials 350
    Tuning 300
    labour 1500???
    coolent 30
    plugs 15
    oil feed/drain/Water(EARLS/SS LINES 550 ????
    silcon FOR ic 150
    oil sump baffel + drain 200
    intercooler 800 = I can get you a a big one with HKS end tanks for $650
    clutch 850 ???
    You'll be needing a Fuel reg about $250

660cc injectors is way overkill big time! For a small motor to be looking to get round 135kw @ wheels. Dont forget its a small basic setup here!

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    i got some 440cc RC's + a boost guage (20psi + vac) for $310AUD. New S/S Intercooler with end tanks for $330, 750x280x62 or something, way more then anough to handle 10psi of boost. BOV turbosmart type 1, $67 ebay.
    In the end my setup will be bordering of 5k including the first years insurance..
    Also, stock clutchs on a civic have been known to last over a year at 8~psi, it all depends on how well they are looked after, not 2 weeks.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

for 5-6 it can be done reliably, actually it can be done properly for that price. I know someone who can do that for ya, ill let u know what it included with a basic list.

GT25/T28 turbo roller bearing (internal gate)
    Cast iron manifold
    Cast iron dumppipe
    Front Mount Intercooler
    255lph Fuel pump
    4 x 550cc Injectors (ample for up to 200kws at the wheels)
    FPr (tho not 100% necessary, which some people flame me about)
    Blow off Valve (again not necessary)
    A full standalone ECU
    Yes steel braided oil lines, silicone hose clamps, everything else u need like bolts nuts gaskets will be included.

All u need is a tuner who will tune it for u, but that can be arranged also.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    if i wanted to take my kit down to 6k all i would have to do is remove the expensive electronic boost controller, turbo timer, go some secondhand gauges, second-hand instead of new intercooler and a cheaper BOV.

So i would be left with: GT28 turbo, intercooler, custom manifold, cooler piping and turbo-back exhaust, 550cc injectors, adjustable FPR, walbro fuel pump, exedy clutch, oil and water lines, all the little crap like nuts, bolts, fittings etc, ECU (either a Microtech, TSI or chipped Honda ECU), filters etc. As well as what's mentioned above.

I think thats a fairly good low-boost setup, is it not for 6k?

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    Anything can be done for any cost as I proved above $14,000 turbo conversion down to $2400 its choosing what’s right for you that counts.

Most turbo Honda owners thow have in the back of there mind that one day they will build there engine to support more boost, if that’s the case why undersize parts to begin with that’s wasting money…? Most people get the boost bug and want more !! spending more money on a setup that will run 7psi and also 25psi in my eyes is worth more than buying small cheaper parts only ever designed for small boost, smaller injectors, smaller turbo, etc once things are done right there done for good., simple at the end of the day you need to set a budget based on how much money you want to spend and how fast / safe you want your setup to be, the worst thing any of us want is to kill our engines and have it sitting in a workshop being rebuilt car less…..

For people who want to spend around $5000 or less I recommended they look at NOS, install a fantastic fuel setup (intake pump / regulator / injectors / ECU (that has NOS control ) and NOS is a very good option for maximum power with little cost. And NOS is no more illegal than it is turbo’ing your car without ADR 37 certification.

Regards James

Member Array
    Where are you guy's getting these ultra cheap price's ($850ish) for these clutches? Im up for one, and im trying to sort an alternative to paying $1800 (!) for a top shelf clutch from my workshop.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by BLKCRX
    For people who want to spend around $5000 or less I recommended they look at NOS, install a fantastic fuel setup (intake pump / regulator / injectors / ECU (that has NOS control ) and NOS is a very good option for maximum power with little cost. And NOS is no more illegal than it is turbo’ing your car without ADR 37 certification.

Regards James
    erm???

using NOS on the street is huge instant fines, possibly even confiscation of either the NOS system or the whole car depending on which state you live in. With turbo if it isnt engineered then you may get defected, and at worst have to remove the kit before going over the pits yeh?

I dont see that as being no more illegal, no offence.

As for ADR 37 certification, i know here in the ACT we dont require that to be fully compliant with RTA regualtions and have the car fully road legal. An engineer's certificate will do the job. Dont know about other states. But if you get caught using NOS you WILL get reamed

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by INFLYT
    Where are you guy's getting these ultra cheap price's ($850ish) for these clutches? Im up for one, and im trying to sort an alternative to paying $1800 (!) for a top shelf clutch from my workshop.
    I found an exedy cerametallic before for like $600 + install...dont know if that will suit your application though (though a mate, who gets his supplies from Rocket Industries)

Member Array
    Im pretty much after a clutch that's gonna handle everything im gonna throw at it, while handling huge amount's of power.
    Everyone keep's telling me that $1800 is a huge amount to pay for the clutch/flywheel combo im after, but im yet to see proof of them being any cheaper.

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    I know this is old, but hey...

Firstly, everyones costing only included the actual "boosting", and left out the engine.. How long is the engine gonna last if it is standard?? Highish compression standard too... its gonna be laggy too... the list goes on, but I just thought i would add that the engine requires modifications itself, not included in the "turbo kit".

As for N2O, it is only illegal if they find it. I Have a mate who has had a full (with an airconditioned box in the boot to house the bottles) N2O set up in his FTO for 4 years. It looks bog stock from the exterior, but the whole car is extensively modified. The trick is not getting the cops attention. However, his brother had a N2O setup in his Skyline, which was heavily bodykitted, and hadn't finished the hidden installation... didn;t take a week to get busted.

It is possible to install N2O very discretely, and no one would ever know. But that adds more cost and removes the flash factor

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Our dollar is good atm, import from the US. bring a flywheekl over, 8.8lbs ACT pro-lite will cost u 240US + shipping (ask slepercivic). These are a good reliable brand very popular with the USDM. and no tax is charged on such a small amount, so dont go there..

Clutch, i am still researching weather its cheaper to by dakin here(which are just rebadged Exedy) or go for something like a ACT HDSS shipped.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    '92 EG Civic VTi
    Why not just buy Weq's car? It'll save you 2k from the 14k that James quoted lol