Thread: Threatening PMs

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra

Threatening PMs

New user 'geswhos' sent out a few strange PMs threatening people who posted in his sale thread that he was not allowed to make. The thread was deleted by benjammin for the reason of 'spambot'.

Since then, some of us have received the following PM:

"if u and your friends dont remove the ad with my number on gumtree then i will call the police to check on the email of the ad then they will come to your front doors ok.iam not joking mate,just want to let you know that my brother in law is a police man and i did told him about the ad.he said if you and your friend do not remove it then he will taking action from your gumtree account then we will know exactly your internet line and who are you also the address of where you did made that ad.so i telling you that nothing gonna hide from the police so before everythings goes worst so just delete it ok.i swear the god within tomorrow if you and your friend do not delete then the police will come in front of the house where this ad was made."

Obviously, I am not concerned about this in the slightest, but it unwelcome nonetheless. I don't know whether he is crazy, confused, or just trolling, but I do not like being threatened by people, mentally ill or otherwise.

I demand an IP ban.

Thanks.

lol static ip bro

no offence mate, but you should have just pm'd an admin, not make a thread.
    Last edited by lolmclol; 10-10-2012 at 03:44 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    None taken, I'm sure I should have messaged someone. I guess I was just sharing the lols, and wondering if anybody else had copped this weird shit.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    This could have been resolved if you just merely took down the gumtree ad... just saying.

Member Array
    links to gumtree ad please~

i wanna see this.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    I've also recieved the same PM.

Curious to see this Gumtree ad.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

lol what the **** gumtree ad link plz
    WP PB 1:15:03

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Indie you were banned for abusing the reputations system and typing abuse as negative rep

Youre no better than this person who PM'd you and now you have sour grapes?

i dont see an issue here. The user took the decency to keep it to pm about this issue - you should of done the same.

If there is a direct threat made via pm to you or another , then We as moderators can do something.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention - but you should of Pm'd the user or pm'd a moderator about it.