Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Js 70RR or nah

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by jprak View Post
    ends as in towards the headers or muffler?

my FD2R J's racing 60rs ends in a single pipe from both front and back (my engine R18a)

heres my one reving
    Sorry, towards the header ? I think it must be single also! Idono weather to modify the pipe that joins on to header or use a header that ends in a single pipe

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    Hello

I have a 60RS Ti on my DC2R and could not recommend it enough.
    It may sound different on your DC5R but mine sounds great, lovely hollow, racey type noise that is very unique.
    Nice an vocal on WOT but quiet on cruise, which I was very surprised about.
    Anything louder would make you look like a "boy racer" IMHO

I also think it is more than big enough diameter to support any mods this side of turbo charging, but that is a another debate altogether.
    I made 137.8 KW ATH with OEM CAT and not other mods.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by StretchGSK View Post
    Hello

I have a 60RS Ti on my DC2R and could not recommend it enough.
    It may sound different on your DC5R but mine sounds great, lovely hollow, racey type noise that is very unique.
    Nice an vocal on WOT but quiet on cruise, which I was very surprised about.
    Anything louder would make you look like a "boy racer" IMHO

I also think it is more than big enough diameter to support any mods this side of turbo charging, but that is a another debate altogether.
    I made 137.8 KW ATH with OEM CAT and not other mods.
    Wow that's awesome power for a 1.8 altogether good to hear I think it's smarter then the 70rr, should also sound good on the dc5 but what about stainless steel? Do the 60rs come with cat?

Member Array
    Car:
    Bagged FD Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax-dc5r View Post
    Sorry, towards the header ? I think it must be single also! Idono weather to modify the pipe that joins on to header or use a header that ends in a single pipe
    hmm i would just get the header (4-2-1) and let it end in a single pipe. i on the other hand dont have that luxury as the r18a is a single pipe header <.<

Wow that's awesome power for a 1.8 altogether good to hear I think it's smarter then the 70rr, should also sound good on the dc5 but what about stainless steel? Do the 60rs come with cat?
    60RS bolts onto OEM JDM cat. So you would need to buy a JDM DC5R header+cat for it to fit.

And regarding the question about 60RS linking to a single pipe, I think all exhaust systems link to 1 pipe. Only difference is that 70RR came with the 2-1 down pipe which was meant to bolt onto 4-2 header.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by EGG5 View Post
    60RS bolts onto OEM JDM cat. So you would need to buy a JDM DC5R header+cat for it to fit.

And regarding the question about 60RS linking to a single pipe, I think all exhaust systems link to 1 pipe. Only difference is that 70RR came with the 2-1 down pipe which was meant to bolt onto 4-2 header.
    Really? A Jdm dc5 header is 4 to two ? I luckily have a Jdm header because I have a Jdm k20a in my dc5r!

Hmm I'm thinking would it to be better to modify my exhaust to take the 2-4 header orr use another header?

Member Array
    Car:
    93' EG5
    Really? A Jdm dc5 header is 4 to two ? I luckily have a Jdm header because I have a Jdm k20a in my dc5r!

Hmm I'm thinking would it to be better to modify my exhaust to take the 2-4 header orr use another header?
    Aren't JDM DC5 headers 4-2-1? But I think hes saying that for 60RS to work, youll need a JDM DC5 header+cat. So since you have that, the 60RS should bolt on to the cat no problem. Whereas the 70RR, it comes with the 2-1 pipe so for that to work youll need to bolt it onto a JDM 4-2 header (either J's Racing 4-2 or OEM (?))

Quote Originally Posted by mcOZ View Post
    Aren't JDM DC5 headers 4-2-1? But I think hes saying that for 60RS to work, youll need a JDM DC5 header+cat. So since you have that, the 60RS should bolt on to the cat no problem. Whereas the 70RR, it comes with the 2-1 pipe so for that to work youll need to bolt it onto a JDM 4-2 header (either J's Racing 4-2 or OEM (?))
    ^yup exactly what I was trying to say. So basically 60RS is a lot easier to fit and will give nice power and 70RR is perfect for tracking but as a daily drive I'd think it's a bit too much to handle (considering you'll have to cut up Js racing goodies)

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by mcOZ View Post
    Umm maybe with the cat, the header is 4-2, this is my Jdm header .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350199788.410808.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	239.1 KB 
ID:	23166

So what do I need to make this work :/
    I'm wondering if it's even worth buying Js header which I was going to purchase second hand for 650 or just use my Jdm header?

Umm maybe with the cat, the header is 4-2, this is my Jdm header .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350199788.410808.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	239.1 KB 
ID:	23166

So what do I need to make this work :/
    I'm wondering if it's even worth buying Js header which I was going to purchase second hand for 650 or just use my Jdm header?
    You are missing the 2-1 pipe that links to the cat.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by EGG5 View Post
    You are missing the 2-1 pipe that links to the cat.
    Exactly I could just get a trusted exhaust shop, luckily I have one that deal with these car everyday to make one and weld in a cat could I not?
    I also wonder if I should spend the extra money on ti version :/

Exactly I could just get a trusted exhaust shop, luckily I have one that deal with these car everyday to make one and weld in a cat could I not?
    I also wonder if I should spend the extra money on ti version :/
    Wait so you just have the 4-2? Didn't you buy the whole 4-2-1 system including the cat? and if you bought a JDM K20A, did it come with headers? If it did there should be the whole 4-2-1 system