Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Js 70RR or nah

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by khanguskhan View Post
    how aren't you chopping the 70rr to be able to weld a cat to it?
    I'm Not sure yet exactly! Giving you have the right header there is no need to modify the exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    push bag
    Ti for the sound and the amount of weight you save! No sound can compare to titanium

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by ekvtec View Post
    Ti for the sound and the amount of weight you save! No sound can compare to titanium
    The only problem I have is with ti I won't be able to have a cat welded into it :/

Member Array
    Car:
    push bag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax-dc5r View Post
    The only problem I have is with ti I won't be able to have a cat welded into it :/
    Who needs a cat these days anyways haha

You'll need one when you get fined :P

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by EGG5 View Post
    You'll need one when you get fined :P
    Hahaha exactly ! I want the ti version but its even less practical then the stainless. I think I've made up my mind, if I be as sensible as I can put a cat in use Js header "should" be ok! I hope

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 DC5 Type S
    I know you have your heart set on this setup mate, but in my opinion if you fit a 70RR to a street car you are asking for trouble with the fuzz and the EPA. If there is anything else not strictly 'legal' on your car such as coil overs then an exhaust like this will draw unwanted attention. Most aftermarket exhausts will be over the EPA noise limit but there is sensible (Fujitsubo) and then there is nuts! (Js 70RR) haha

I don't know if you have seen this but this video is a good comparison of various JDM exhausts on a DC5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6xpwciZEU

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    I know you have your heart set on this setup mate, but in my opinion if you fit a 70RR to a street car you are asking for trouble with the fuzz and the EPA. If there is anything else not strictly 'legal' on your car such as coil overs then an exhaust like this will draw unwanted attention. Most aftermarket exhausts will be over the EPA noise limit but there is sensible (Fujitsubo) and then there is nuts! (Js 70RR) haha

I don't know if you have seen this but this video is a good comparison of various JDM exhausts on a DC5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6xpwciZEU
    I watch this video over and over haha, I've been considering rm-01a also a deccat does anybody know how loud that is it compared to the powergetter?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 DC5 Type S
    I watch this video over and over haha, I've been considering rm-01a also a deccat does anybody know how loud that is it compared to the powergetter?
    Yeah haha so do I. I will be getting the RM01a for my car. Its not as loud as the Powergetter. From what I have read in other posts the powergetter is generally considered to have a better sound and good top end power, but the Rm01a has more consistent power delivery through the rev range.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Yeah haha so do I. I will be getting the RM01a for my car. Its not as loud as the Powergetter. From what I have read in other posts the powergetter is generally considered to have a better sound and good top end power, but the Rm01a has more consistent power delivery through the rev range.
    Lol see I'm sure it's a awesome exhaust but I want something that's loudishh. My mate has powergetter and loves it to bits. What header will you be using? I also consider BYPs titanium exhaust and 60rs

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 DC5 Type S
    Lol see I'm sure it's a awesome exhaust but I want something that's loudishh. My mate has powergetter and loves it to bits. What header will you be using? I also consider BYPs titanium exhaust and 60rs
    I'm thinking of going Toda Race Header. Unmodified it doesn't have a cat but you can buy it modified by Toda Au with a cat fitted. Keep in mind you need to change the front sway bar in order to fit most aftermarket headers. OEM EP3 sway bar clears most headers.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I'm thinking of going Toda Race Header. Unmodified it doesn't have a cat but you can buy it modified by Toda Au with a cat fitted. Keep in mind you need to change the front sway bar in order to fit most aftermarket headers. OEM EP3 sway bar clears most headers.
    Sounds like it's Gona be a good system
    Man! Wish I was so sure about what I wanted