Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic

Engineering cert?

Sorry, figured I wouldn't steal jdm-derek's thread on this forum :3

So, I've got a 1500 engine, and I'm putting a 1200 turbo in it from a completely different car (1200 turb is from a city turbo1, my car is a first gen civic) That would need an engineering cert, yeah? Or being tas, would it just be a matter of getting a mod plate, putting what's happened on that, and rolling? or would I need to get it fully engineered and mod plated and all that crap to get it registered?
    I figure I may as well get it fully legal, so I don't get pulled over by the cops, and get defected. I do plan to get the beast pretty low, have a bit more track, and such.

So yeah, anybody know the rools for tas, or just general rools?

Engine leaving is an ec motor, engine coming in is an er-t (I think... really should double check >.>) just in case anybody needed those points.
    Engine bay space should be fine, since my civic is a long nose model. Already done the research on all that end.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    On the QLD deptartment of transport there's a rather large series of chapters (900 odd pages) of how to modify light vehicles, worth a read as most of it crosses over and is relavant in general engineering principals.

http://tmr.qld.gov.au/Safety/Vehicle...fications.aspx

Best advice I can give is, make the wiring neat and tidy, no oil leaks, no coolant leaks and no loose parts around.
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Yeah, might have to. Although last time I called them, they were pretty useless >.> Mind you, I did ask them about fender mirrors, and after about 5 redirections or whatever it is, they called me back later