Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by black8thgen View Post
    yeah the lady went through the whole checklist i almost fell asleep mid-way it was that long... but i did pick up many interesting things such as 'compression test' and 'mico meter' as you mentioned so stateroads seem to be the go.

she quoted me $279 however... but that is maybe because its on an s2k? Actually now i think about it... it shouldnt really make a difference should it lol
    Inflation. Mine was done over a year ago. Just pay it, great piece of mind!
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    Sorry, should have made it clearer, RACQ DID pick up on the broken mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by PHO View Post
    x3, state roads are really detailed.

racv is just like a dumbed down RWC mechanic

Having had cars checked by RACV and RACQ I can definitely say RACQ's service was far better. The test was more thorough and included a few pictures of the car. The RACV inspection (that the owner had had done) seemed to have been done at some random RWC approved mechanic who filled out the standardised inspection form to the bare minimum. Definitely won't be using an RACV service again.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Hey black8thgen, I think it's you that I've checked that BB 2003 vehicle for I think I was also the one that checked out a white S2000 for euromandeluxe a couple of years ago. I didn't want to drive the car for too much - I've never had an at-fault accident, but it was uninsured. The exterior could be better, but mechanically, the car feels like it's in reasonably good condition. It appears the car has hardly been used recently, so don't worry too much about how long the last service was (although the car has been regularly serviced).

It sounds like others have had a good experience with State Roads, and it sounds like you're leaning towards them anyway. I say, just book them in But if you go with RACQ, you should be okay as well.

Don't wait around too long though; a good condition S2000 is hard to find these days

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    Yeah 9large appreciate all your assistance . Yup, I am booking it in for early next week, and if all is good will be putting down a deposit.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    ^9large did check out the S for me, and he sent me a great writeup! Thanks again Mike =)