Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Neeed help with tweeters for s2000.

Hey guys, this is my first post on this website been member for awhile now! i need help with choosing the best tweeters for the s2000 some information i will be including is im going to put them in the a pillars, i have alpine type s speakers have a fairly good head deck and going to run a amp aswell. I dont mind spending money on the tweeters but nothing over the top like 250 and 300+, also want these tweeters to sound good when roof is down. Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Unless youre going to spend over about 500 bucks, you wont really be able to find yourself a set of decent tweeters standalone.

Are the type s' coaxial or splits?
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Just get splits. and then mount speakers in the roll bars like i did. get an amp and you will be set. mine is extremely loud even on the freeway with the roof down

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda s2000
    ^i would love for someone to do that to mine....

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    imo dump the type s's and get some type r splits. ask to listen to them in whatever shop you get them from. Aparently the current type r's are worlds beyond the old ones. i had the old ones, no tweeters, hooked up to a type x amp and was extremely impressed with the sound - preffered it over the type x splits i also had at the time.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    If you want a great amp. Alpine PDX-F4. Its a digital amp. 800wat and 120rms. i got mine for $430. They are great as they dont heat up and they are very small so its great for the boot. Also they have quick release plugs so if you need to take out ur amp to put something in the boot u can unplug everything without allen keys/screw driver

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Its really easy to do. Costs about $70. No drilling to the roll bars at all. wire passes through the little vent into the boot to the amp. easy. took about 30mins to install.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by sae View Post
    ^i would love for someone to do that to mine....

Its really easy to do. Costs about $70. No drilling to the roll bars at all. wire passes through the little vent into the boot to the amp. easy. took about 30mins to install.

Quote Originally Posted by greek_rambos2k View Post
    Just get splits. and then mount speakers in the roll bars like i did. get an amp and you will be set. mine is extremely loud even on the freeway with the roof down
    +1 very nice will look into doing this! Can I pm if I need any help?

Shouldnt this be in the I.C.E. thread?
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/560903_366122753455230_1176108403_n.jpg[/IMG
    thats a coaxial speaker not a split(component)
    If you want a great amp. Alpine PDX-F4. Its a digital amp. 800wat and 120rms. i got mine for $430. They are great as they dont heat up and they are very small so its great for the boot. Also they have quick release plugs so if you need to take out ur amp to put something in the boot u can unplug everything without allen keys/screw driver
    the PDX - F4 is rated at 100 rms not 120 rms.
    I would hide the wires, looks very messy imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by infurNOS View Post
    Shouldnt this be in the I.C.E. thread?
    yeh sorta, it is model specific too so can go in either, posting in here will get better responses from people who have an s2000.
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    dump alpine all together and get Polk.

yeah.