Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

Accord euro noob question

Hey guys, im considering buying an accord euro, i just wanted to know, which year/type would be the quickest/best for modifying? ive come to understand they come in 4 cylinder and v6. Please help?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by dagher23q View Post
    Hey guys, im considering buying an accord euro, i just wanted to know, which year/type would be the quickest/best for modifying? ive come to understand they come in 4 cylinder and v6. Please help?
    If you want this dont get a euro! Get a dc5r or ep3r or if u must have a sedan. get a xr6t or simular

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM DC2R View Post
    If you want this dont get a euro! Get a dc5r or ep3r or if u must have a sedan. get a xr6t or simular
    i know its not the most powerful car, but im considering it

Quote Originally Posted by dagher23q View Post
    Accord euros only come in 4 cylinder, Accords come in 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder variants.

Without resorting to wikipedia, first gen euros (in Aus) CL9s are around the 140kw range with ~1400kgs, second gen is 148kw with ~1600kgs (depending on trim level etc).

Engines are both K24s with different variants, the second gen having more torque.

However fundamentally they are the same car but with new gadgets and styling.

If you were to modify an euro, I would recommend a CL9 in manual as it's cheaper, easier to find second hand parts and you really don't want to hack up a 2 - 3 year old car would you?

Euros are not a bad base car especially if you want a reliable NA Jap Sedan, wish bone suspension, decent aftermarket support and even tuners have played around with euros with results.

Keep in mind these are Euro Type Rs in Japan which run the K20 variant.

And to throw some food for thought, V6 Accords almost tap into the 200kw range, however they come in Automatic only and no one really modifies them other than visuals.

Banned Array
    Car:
    NondaRalliJuzz
    unless you get the manual conversion from usa and be the first on ozhonda to do so..slap a turbo kit together and theres your trolley getta

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Lux
    go the facelift model accord euro (06-08)
    Has the revised body and a trip computer! haha wish my 04 had that
    overall the 04-08 euros are a nice car to drive and aesthetically pleasing.
    Mods: Pioneer Double DIN GPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Buddyclub N+ Spec, Topspeed Headers, Skunk2 Catback Exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    If you do get a Euro get a manual
    Ever since the late 90's the Hondamatic's (Hondas own Automatic Transmission) in their cars, especially the accords
    Have started developing problems with their transmissions - failing at a higher rate due to heat build up, lack of ATF oil changes and fundamental design flaws
    As it is essentially a manual with a lock up and torque converter

And if you do want a 'normal' accord DO NOT get v6 they WILL tear apart the transmission
    Honda have still not rectified the problem... the v6 has so much more torque than the standard i4 - it leaves them failing at 200,xxxkms

And it seems Honda has neglected to put in their logbook about changing any transmission oil
    For the Euro - Honda says that the transmission oil in the Euro doesn't need changing until 120,xxxkms... thats right 120,xxxkms of oil slushing around/breaking down

Go with the euro - you'll be alright
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    spoon told me to change tranny and engine oil together same time, they use the same oil so why not!
    also keichi says VALVOLINE.

but srsly nao.

i think you can get the K24 and mount a K20A head on it off a type R.
    get a tune, and maybe even run the Type R transmission?

just a maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    spoon told me to change tranny and engine oil together same time, they use the same oil so why not!
    also keichi says VALVOLINE.

but srsly nao.

i think you can get the K24 and mount a K20A head on it off a type R.
    get a tune, and maybe even run the Type R transmission?

just a maybe.
    The idea behind changing the tranny oil when you go tracking is because it sits "idle" in the box, whereas the oil is being pumped through the engine, cooled and filtered.

The euro doesn't have an LSD, so yes, in theory you can put a K20A head + box from a DC5R/EP3R, however, realistically it's a waste of money, just stick with what it comes with. Driver makes the difference :P

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by fillit View Post
    The idea behind changing the tranny oil when you go tracking is because it sits "idle" in the box, whereas the oil is being pumped through the engine, cooled and filtered.

The euro doesn't have an LSD, so yes, in theory you can put a K20A head + box from a DC5R/EP3R, however, realistically it's a waste of money, just stick with what it comes with. Driver makes the difference :P
    That only works if everyone else is crap.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by gu357 View Post
    Also keichi says valvoline.

But srsly nao.

I think you can get the k24 and mount a k20a head on it off a type r.
    Get a tune, and maybe even run the type r transmission?

Just a maybe.

vtec club!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum