Adding aftermarket keyless entry

Hi Everyone,

First time poster, have just got myself a 99 EK Civic CXi.

I've got an aftermarket keyless entry kit that I'm trying to splice in, but after reading up on forums / workshop manuals all morning, I'm a bit stuck!

I've confirmed my 99 Cxi has factory actuators in both doors. I don't have the factory keyless on my CXi ... I just have the immobiliser keys. The drivers side actuator has five wires going into it:

Black,
    White/red
    Yellow/red
    Blue/red
    Blue/white

If I unplug the connector going into the actuator, then manually ground the blue/red or blue/white wires, I can make the passenger door lock and unlock. When I plug the connector back in, the drivers actuator will lock or unlock straight away to match the passenger door.

... and thats as far as I've got. I have no idea where to splice the two (lock and unlock) keyless circuits into and I'm a bit cautious to go chopping up wires until I'm certain of where I'm putting things.

Ideally, I'd like to put the keyless unit near the drivers fuse panel under the dash, no in the door where I've been playing around, but again, I don't know which wires to splice ... has anyone done this before?? any ideas/help would be welcome!

Thanks,
    Dave.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG8 B16A2
    I'm fairly sure that two of the other wires are connected to the lock cylinder to detect when the key has been turned and thus unlock the passenger side. Thats the way it was with my EG. What you need to do is figure out what condition of these wires indicates a 'lock' situation and 'unlock', and then it should be a matter of splicing in the wires from your new control unit. But I didn't think CXis had central locking at all.... so who knows.