Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Buyer claiming car unrwc when i sold it

Long story short, i sold my EG with rwc. now the buyer calls me 5 days after saying the wipers are broken and not his fault etc, that i sold the car to him in an unroadworthy condition... the workshop passed rwc so clearly it was working then. and it was working as i drove the car for 2 weeks AFTER getting rwc up until buyer picked up the car

what can i do about this? its fukn bullshit. do i have to prove it was working when he picked up the car and that it broke in his possession?
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2
    you do nothing about this, its his car. Unless he hasn't paid the full amount just walk away.Its his fault for not inspecting the car well enough.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Noob forum.

If you sold it with a valid rwc. And the buyer paid in full, drove off, and has xferred rego. Then dont bother. It was up to him to inspect the car when buying. Its his car now. Not your problem.
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    I was faced with same situation, bought a car and the hubs ended up needing replacing after not even a week of driving

I didn't message the seller, just dealt with it

Not really your issue hey. You got the rwc and its now in his name.

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    You dont do nothing.

Tell him the car was RWC when you checked it and he checked the car as is and bought it.

If the car had a scratch adn he came back after buying it and complained would you refund the money?

Fock no.

Same thing with the wiper.

Anyways now we know CB garage is dodgy for passing RWC with non working wipers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Once the car's been paid for and rego's been transferred, so long as it's a private sale the seller has no obligations at all.

Unless there was some written agreement to do with what happened, you dont do anything.

And even if you did, there'd be no proof of what actually happened, and IF it does go to court (for a fkn wiper. lmzooo), it'd be the battle of bullshit artists.
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Were they Spoon wipers CB?

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Oh actually. Rego doesn't even have to be xfered. As soon as the vicroads papers are signed, its his car.

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    No its his car one both parties lodge each side of their forms

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Unless you got a dodgy RWC, you're entirely in the clear.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Which cheap bastard complains about wipers??

they expect a 20yr old car to function like new....
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Wipers not working? Both? More than likely he blew a fuse. Tell him to give you his bank details so you can transfer the money to fix the issue. Then transfer him 20 cents...