Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: slow b20vtec

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg

slow b20vtec

i went and test drove a b20 with a b18c2 head and its slower then my standard b18c2 both in egs i/h/e on both he said the its running slow because it has a its has a bradid oil line instead of a silicon one it dosnt pull as hard as my b18c2. it just feels like its holding back and its also running a hondata and he said its making 120kw at the wheels and he has a oil catch can and i drove it and there was smoke coming from that and the hose that runs to the pod filter any ideas what i could be need help asap
    Like my POST? why not add it with a +REP point!

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    get a dyno run done. check the AFR

if the tune is wrong or out it will not perform. other things can contribute to poor performance such as exhause flow, leads, plugs, valve clearance, valve timing, cam gears incorectly set and so on.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    he said timing was checked when he had it dynod at byp he is also running a skunk2 manifold with a 70m throttle body a 1000cc injectors with 5inch cai with a massive filter and when
    he drove it a let off it sounded like back pressure weird noise

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    I know, don't buy it!

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by jayeg View Post
    i went and test drove a b20 with a b18c2 head and its slower then my standard b18c2 both in egs i/h/e on both he said the its running slow because it has a its has a bradid oil line instead of a silicon one it dosnt pull as hard as my b18c2. it just feels like its holding back and its also running a hondata and he said its making 120kw at the wheels and he has a oil catch can and i drove it and there was smoke coming from that and the hose that runs to the pod filter any ideas what i could be need help asap
    slow because it has braided oil line instead of silicon? making 120kw?

did he also say that the equator of the Milky Way galaxy (Galactic Equator) and the path of the Sun (the Ecliptic) will cross each other at exactly 11:11 am GMT on December 21, 2012. What does this mean exactly? Or, even better, what is the probability of this occurring?

Every year on the winter solstice, our Sun has a Declination of -23.5 degrees, and a Right Ascension of 18 hours. But what makes the alignment of 2012 special is how this alignment occurs relative to very distant stars. On December 21, 2012, the alignment will be right along the plane of the entire galaxy. This precession of the equinoxes goes in a complete circle and happens only once every 26,000 years. In other words, the winter solstice moves 360 degrees every 26,000 years, or 0.01 degrees each year.
    A significant detail that promoters of the 2012 doomsday fail to point out, however, is that the plane of the galaxy is not the width of a needle. The plane of the galaxy is quite wide - in fact, it takes the winter solstice between 700 hundred and 1,400 years to cross the plane of the galaxy! So 2012 is just one year amidst a span of 700 years.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    where are you located?

pm me.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    thanks for the help i just im trying to think if its still worth getting if i can fix it. its a mint white vti with coilovers etc for 7500 any more input would be great

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    mint but underpowered.

immaculate with problems

pristine faded paint.

lmzoooo @ pm

sense. lacking in today's generation

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    well im just thinking if its not a major problem to fix then the car is good for the money

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    That smoke is blow by. It is a normal phenomenon. Dont know why its venting though, should be airtight and going into the intake manifold. Is there blue smoke coming out of the exhaust? Or is it black?

he said timing was checked when he had it dynod at byp he is also running a skunk2 manifold with a 70m throttle body a 1000cc injectors with 5inch cai with a massive filter and when
    he drove it a let off it sounded like back pressure weird noise
    Why did the previous owner even get 1000cc injectors? VTEC not engaging because of a braided oil line? Who's this guy your buying it off? Sounds clueless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by cbauto View Post
    mint but underpowered.

immaculate with problems

pristine faded paint.

lmzoooo @ pm

sense. lacking in today's generation
    HAHAHAHHA

well im just thinking if its not a major problem to fix then the car is good for the money
    - Sounds like you need a retune. =$500? Among other things ECU-MAN mentioned.
    - The PCV/ Oil catch can isnt air tight. =$$$? Depends what it is. I'd just bin the catch can altogether.
    - Blue smoke out the exhaust = Do not buy
    Last edited by DakDak; 24-10-2012 at 10:25 AM.
    Choke dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    that car dosnt blow any smoke on idle or when driving/vtec the cactch can doesnt have a filter on top of it thats where the smoke is coming from
    vtec comes on very loud dosnt pull that hard and the engament has been set to 5500 the car idles at about 900 it doesnt over heat its weird everything
    seems ok its just not pulling. its probably as fast as my bros b16a and the bloke im buying it off dosent really no anything about the car

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Sounds to me like there are too many what ifs about the car. Dont waste your money and buy something else
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8