Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: slow b20vtec

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    for the price i got it is very cheap consedring the parts on the car and the condition of it most b20vtec eg's are selling for 9ish without the bolton's and the condition
    of mine i spoke to online perfomance and there going to help me out so for under 10gs all up and thats including and new block installed and a tune im happy with the car
    Like my POST? why not add it with a +REP point!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Quote Originally Posted by jayeg View Post
    for the price i got it is very cheap consedring the parts on the car and the condition of it most b20vtec eg's are selling for 9ish without the bolton's and the condition
    of mine i spoke to online perfomance and there going to help me out so for under 10gs all up and thats including and new block installed and a tune im happy with the car
    OK so you are more satisfied with

6.8K B20 EG WITH PROBLEMS than 9K B20 EG in running conditon/better nick.

You are then going to spend an additional 9-10K to fix this car up, bringing the grand total to approximately 16K?

16K VS 9K

Sounds smarter to go with option B from the start.
    Choke dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    what no under 10gs for the car and the new bottom end installed

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    im getting my motor rebuilt now by online performance how can i stop the sleeve cracking on the new motor should i get the computer retuned and upgradred the raditor it only has a standard one at the moment and someone was telling me if you punch it in say 4th gear and you only reving at 2000 it can cause the sleeve to cracked because it does something with the igition timing and im wondering what sort of power my setup could make it has skunk2 prosries manifold, 70mm throttle body, 1000cc id injectors with cai and a stock b18c2 head with stock bottom end and s300 with a 2/2.5 inch exhaust with good headers

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Quote Originally Posted by jayeg View Post
    im getting my motor rebuilt now by online performance how can i stop the sleeve cracking on the new motor should i get the computer retuned and upgradred the raditor it only has a standard one at the moment and someone was telling me if you punch it in say 4th gear and you only reving at 2000 it can cause the sleeve to cracked because it does something with the igition timing and im wondering what sort of power my setup could make it has skunk2 prosries manifold, 70mm throttle body, 1000cc id injectors with cai and a stock b18c2 head with stock bottom end and s300 with a 2/2.5 inch exhaust with good headers
    The b20 cylinder walls are thin, and only a good tune can save them from premature detonation. If you want to bulletproof your motor, you should install
    new AEBS/GE/DARTON/ etc aftermarket sleeves. Its costly but you gotta pay to play.
    Your setup would make around 115-125kw from experience on similar b20 setups provided everything is healthy and your tuner knows what
    hes doing.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    thanks can anybody point me towards a good tuner. i dont want to sleeve it im going to get this setup fixed and tuned then sell it i want to get into the 12s so i need a better base motor
    and i dont no what im leaning towards either h2b or k24

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    I'm exhausted from reading these posts man! Use grammar!!!

How much is it costing you to rebuild your motor?

What power you hoping for?
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    Around $1500 i just want it running like it should but 120kw would be good.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    poor sucker buying the car off this Guy