Thread: brake issue

brake issue

hey guys, just did a conversion in my eg. and now 90% of the time the brakes will work, and after awhile the pedal will just go staight to the floor but still have a tiny bit of brake left, and then if i start pumping it will go back to normal. what could be the cause of this?

what conversion ? Brake conversion ? Did you replace the master cylinder/brake booster from the upgraded brakes , as well as the prop valve ?
    Did your eg have 4 wheel discs before ?
    Did you bleed your fluid properly ?

sorry engine conversion *

Answer bennjamin other questions first instead of bumping, so we can help you better.
    EG

i already answered the question

Quote Originally Posted by aznstyler View Post
    Are you sure ?

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    what conversion ? Brake conversion ? Did you replace the master cylinder/brake booster from the upgraded brakes , as well as the prop valve ?
    Did your eg have 4 wheel discs before ?
    Did you bleed your fluid properly ?
    5 questions asked above

sorry engine conversion *
    You answered 1
    EG

If the pedal sinks at all , it's either air in the brake fluid circuit or leak at some point. Either loose nipple , bent or scarred line or bad master cylinder.

Did you touch the brakes at all - service them , change them in any way ?
    Since the brakes must be pulled away or even remove when the conversion is done , I would suspect they require to be bled again properly and thoroughly.