Thread: Oil leak help!

Oil leak help!

Hey guys, my car recently started dripping oil.there wld be 5-6 drops of oil on the garage floor if I left it overnight. brought it to the mechanic and he told me that the oil is slowly leaking into the gear box.would cost $1000 to get it fixed,as he would have to take out the engine. any help or suggestions please!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (1).jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	23240  

Member Array
    Car:
    black EF
    Rear main seal? Drop the transmission and fly wheel, u will see it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Canon 5d
    pm charliebrown from cb autos, he will sort you out
    you're probably asleep right now but I love you and you're the most beautiful girl I met, inside and out. have a good nights sleep and I hope this puts a smile on your face when you wake up.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Yep, rear main seal.

Involves pulling out engine, separating the geabox and motor, remove clutch and flywheel, replace seal, bolt it all back up.

While its apart youd pretty much take the time to do a clutch change in it as well, if it hasnt been done for a while.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    Don't need to take out engine, just separate and remove gearbox, still a big job if you haven't done much wrenching.
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Thanks guys! don't think i have the tools to carry out such a job though. Probably try to find another mechanic to see if could be done for a smaller sum. Any recommendations for mechanics in Perth though?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Rear main seal, get a new clutch and flywheel fitted also I'd also recommend installing a new sump gasket as its easy to do when the rest of the area is visible
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    ^ sump gasket should be fine if it's not leaking atm.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    i want to see if he will actually pull the engine out just to change the rear main seal.
    i think he is trying to scare you to charge you more. typical mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by cukee View Post
    Hey guys, my car recently started dripping oil.there wld be 5-6 drops of oil on the garage floor if I left it overnight. brought it to the mechanic and he told me that the oil is slowly leaking into the gear box.would cost $1000 to get it fixed,as he would have to take out the engine. any help or suggestions please!