Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz

2013 Civic coming soon. Dont buy a 2012 just yet!

As you may know, the major facelift of the current civic was announced a while ago.

Looks like we may have an announcement shortly at the LA Auto show..

So my advice, hold off if you're thinking about buying!

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/23/h...2013-emergenc/

Cheers,
    Mark.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    I just read the Honda Press release. Expected release sale date is November 29th.

That's not far away. I wonder how long this update will take to filter down to us...should not be too long!

Take action now! The 2013 Civic will come to your at full speed. Our plant in Indiana which produces Civic will run at full capacity with Civic production, and we will even get production from Canada too. Commit to reduce your model year 2012 Civics by 60% or more before December 1, 2012. And be prepared on November 29, to receive the greatest Civic ever produced!
    I'd be surprised if they come to Australia, manufacturing in the US will rape Honda. Ours will most likely be Thailand based again.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    i wouldnt get too excited at all. U might be waiting at least a year IF it comes here
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    I'd be surprised if they come to Australia, manufacturing in the US will rape Honda. Ours will most likely be Thailand based again.
    It will never go to the USA for manufacturing.. However, since the Civic is mostly a world car, our Thailand produced car should also get these updates. I always look to Honda overseas to see what updates are coming to us.

I'd say Honda HQ will send out a similar memo to dealerships Oz wide sometime soon.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    The rear looks much better
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by 95331140 View Post
    It will never go to the USA for manufacturing.. However, since the Civic is mostly a world car, our Thailand produced car should also get these updates. I always look to Honda overseas to see what updates are coming to us.

I'd say Honda HQ will send out a similar memo to dealerships Oz wide sometime soon.
    The earlier 8th gen civic in the civic looked so bad man in the US, the JDM version has the best front end. But I agree on analysing what they're doing overseas, always gives reasonable insight into what could be coming, but haven't they already done the upgrade to the 9th gen with the series 2?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    The earlier 8th gen civic in the civic looked so bad man in the US, the JDM version has the best front end. But I agree on analysing what they're doing overseas, always gives reasonable insight into what could be coming, but haven't they already done the upgrade to the 9th gen with the series 2?
    Series 2 was a switch in production back to Thailand, from Japan.

There was also some equipment/model variation changes too. Wasn't really a Series 2, even though they called it that.

Lets wait and see..

Series 2 = way less production cost = reduce the equipment list = raise the RRP = keep extra profit in Honda Australia = think Australians are dumb and happy to be ripped off = another failure from Honda australia.

9th is still no where near as nice as the 8th

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    this car will NOT be coming to Australia.
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.