Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1

S2000 lower control arms bushing?

Hey guys
    i just got myself a s2000 and just got a mechanic to check and said the lower arm bushes need replacing. They said that hondas dont make the lower control arm bushing, only ever sold as whole arm and stopped producing them? Weird as s2000 stopped production at 08 which doesnt make them a very old car. They suggested me to pick up second hand arms and replace it that way. Im just wondering if honda still makes the bushing for the lower control arms at all? and if so where am i able to purchase it so i can get it replaced.
    thanks in advance
    "A good tunning car has to be something you can take out to the streets. The car must be fun, fast, safe on all road condition "
    Keiichi Tsuchiya~

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    Email us
    sales@jdmyard.com
    Here are a list of misc bushings that you can get from Hardrace
    http://www.hardrace.com/products.asp...1&strClass2=31
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    If you're street driving the car/not tracking it and are concerned about NVH - I'd advise against some of Hardrace's bushes.
    Powerflex make Polyurethane equivalents. Spoon/Mugen also make stiffer rubber versions of the OEM bushes.

I'm in the same boat and will probably get some Powerflex ones

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    Btw the mechanic told me ill need to replace them?
    but recently moving from my ek to the s2000 i don't know if what worn bushing will do to the handling aspect of the car?
    "A good tunning car has to be something you can take out to the streets. The car must be fun, fast, safe on all road condition "
    Keiichi Tsuchiya~

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Depends how bad the bushes are. If they're shredded and torn apart - I'd replace them. The lower control arm bushes affect castor, camber and toe (if my brain is working right). If there's free play in there from worn bushes then when you're driving along the static settings are going to change with every bump.
    For example, if you get a wheel alignment and your camber is at -3, neutral toe and castor at 6 degrees. Then come back and check the values again, they'll probably be different. Go out for another drive, come back check - different again.
    What this means is if you're driving the car at pace, it might react differently through different corners... (exaggerated) because the static alignment settings are moving/changing. But again, depends how bad the bushes are.

There's more bad sides to it from a performance and safety perspective but difficult to explain. Alot of people don't notice any difference but probably have worn bushes themselves (myself included!) but this still doesn't make it worth ignoring
    Change them when you can as it'll only get worse unfortunately. Most S2000s are getting old and the stock rubber bushes don't fair too well with age/driving.

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    Yeah mines on 152k i expected thing to need changing soo all good
    Keiichi Tsuchiya~