Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5

clutch breaking in?

hey guys i just got my clutch replaced on my dc teg. ive done research before hand about this topic but most of them dont really help. some say to wait for a period of time before u can start going on your car. eg. keep it low revs. others say dont worry about it. so which one is real? cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    First 1000kms just drive calmly without high revs or dumping so the clutch disc can bed with the flywheels surface

http://www.exedy.com.au/FAQs.aspx

Do EXEDY clutches require a break in period?
    We recommend breaking in the clutch for 1,000 km with mild engagement such as stop and go city driving prior to racing or spirited driving. EXEDY race discs usually only require a few hard slips to lap in the surfaces prior to normal driving or racing. Do not overheat the clutch during the break in period.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Just drive normally.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18C7
    lol your thinking too much about it , just drive as you would if you were going shopping or something ..

the road isn't a race track so don't see why you would be driving hard anyway .
    " MY VTECC GOES BWAHHHHHHHH BAHHHHHHH BWA BWA BWAAHHHHHHH "

Member Array
    I just finished 'wearing ' in the clutch.

I drove it easy and didnt shift fast for a couple of weeks.

Revving is fine i think - just not fast shifting.
    PM me if you have b series performance parts!

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Mate, as long as you dont live your life a quater mile at a time. You'll be fine.

But if you do, just drive like a granny for 2-3 tanks of fuel. After that, nothing else matters; not the mortgage, not the store, not your team and all their bullshit. For those fifteen seconds or more, you're free.
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    cheers guys!! really appreciate the help