Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>Crx Delsol

Can't put into gear 1 while rolling

Hey guys, i drive an integra dc2. Got a quick question, why is it that i can't go into gear 1 while im rolling slowly. Like for an example if i'm in traffic or so and the cars rolling not even 5-10kms i cant throw it into first gear. I can only go into first gear when the car is at a complete stop. Hope someone can help me, cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Think honda designed it like that. Same thing with me i jst leave it in 2nd

Its a built in feature to ensure you don't accidentally change to first and over rev or red line your car I'm pretty sure.

I can't change mine unless my speed is under 10~15kms.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Rev match and it slots right in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    it's your synchros not matching up.

if you rev match it in neutral with the clutch out (i.e. double clutching/rev matching) it should go in smoothly like a (i'll let someone complete the sentence)
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    pretty sure some cars have straight cuts for first the same as reverse so its easy to get in to gear when your stopped as opposed to other gears being helical so their easy to get in to gear when your moving...but i think first would be a hell of a lot noisier if they were straight cuts thought, could be hondas designed it like that as a safety feature like a few guys said already or maybe the sincros in first are different due to it usually only needing to be engaged when your at a stop? either way rev matching is your solution

i think it's a built in system to protect the gear box

just put it into second gear

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM DC2R View Post
    Rev match and it slots right in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What this guy said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    it should be able to go in while rolling, but at certain revs pretty sure. i could always get it into one while rolling in previous cars, but, its not something should really do at a too high of a speed, as will cause the car to over rev, obviously...

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    should of asked your driving instructor haha
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

One basic thing you should remember, all of our cars and parts have different wear so even if you can do it in one car, if another car's first gear syncros have been worn down or completely cooked, you have to rev match perfectly or it locks you out. Most of our cars have really short 1st gears... So your 5-10kph is probably slightly above your idle, unless you can blip your throttle just that tiny bit? The box will lock you out cause you overreving...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    also could be clutch wear and the first gear sincros worn the most so its showing signs first