Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chugging in 1st

Chugging in 1st

When driving slowly in first gear in a shopping centre car part the car jerks when i add gas

Learn to drive the car smoother. As long as you're moving 2nd gear can be used

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodzr View Post
    When driving slowly in first gear in a shopping centre car part the car jerks when i add gas
    ok.

S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Your car is telling you to use second, instead.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Lmao 5 star thread
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

ok thanks schumacher

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    You can keep it smooth in 1st but you need to be very steady with the gas pedal

It takes practice and feel

Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    Drop the Clutch LoL
    SingleCammerJammer

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    You can keep it smooth in 1st but you need to be very steady with the gas pedal

It takes practice and feel
    This, and when you want to lift off/stop accellerating. Lift off to around 1/4 of what you were before, keep foot on throttle very gently, then ease off the throttle slowly after most of the weight has been shifted forward. Takes a bit of practice, but shifting the weight slowly will help the jerking.

Will help save your engine mounts too. (well at high speeds/rpm in 1st/2nd then lift off straight away, haha)
    Last edited by PHO; 05-11-2012 at 12:07 AM.
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    i see a lot of people with your problem. what you want to do is keep the clutch in, like at biting point, and keep the car reving at a steady rpm, say 5-5.5k. if it's a type r, this should be just out of vtec, so you'll conserve oil. when you want to speed up, let the clutch out a little, but NOT the whole way. you want it to always be rubbing. when you want to slow down, clutch in, and handbrake up. you can use your foot brake, but it means you have to move your right foot off the accelerator and you will drop below 5k rpm - not reccomended. because the hand brake is less powerful than your foot brake, you're going to have to really rip it up, as if you're trying to pull it out. you can use two hands if you have to. don't worry, honda's are not all made in japan, but can handle the abuse. give that a go and you should be smooth as silk . no rep needed, i'm just here to help .
    Last edited by pure_na; 05-11-2012 at 12:15 AM. Reason: i unfortunately gave misleading information that all honda's are made in japan. it was a lapse in judgement.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    5500 in a shopping carpark?

is this real life

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Quote Originally Posted by pure_na View Post
    i see a lot of people with your problem. what you want to do is keep the clutch in, like at biting point, and keep the car reving at a steady rpm, say 5-5.5k. if it's a type r, this should be just out of vtec, so you'll conserve oil. when you want to speed up, let the clutch out a little, but NOT the whole way. you want it to always be rubbing. when you want to slow down, clutch in, and handbrake up. you can use your foot brake, but it means you have to move your right foot off the accelerator and you will drop below 5k rpm - not reccomended. because the hand brake is less powerful than your foot brake, you're going to have to really rip it up, as if you're trying to pull it out. you can use two hands if you have to. don't worry, honda's are made in japan and can handle the abuse. give that a go and you should be smooth as silk . no rep needed, i'm just here to help .
    1st gear vtec in shopping centre car park, fkn mad.

Dat echo in underground parking too yeah?
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic