Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R

Thumbs down Alpine Type-r Tweeter mount broken - Help!

Hey Guys,

I was installing my tweeters today and managed to break a few of the clips on the tweeter mount, I was wondering if anyone had a spare backing - The one in the red box in below photo - Or any idea where I could source a replacement? I'd be happy to pay for it. It's a pain because the job looks half done

Thanks,
    Bronson11

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    if you have the broken pieces you could use araldite to bond them back together? datshit strooong.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    if you have the broken pieces you could use araldite to bond them back together? datshit strooong.
    If you look closely, you can kind of see the tabs that are broken, would araldite fix that? I also think i've lost one of the three tabs

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Email alpine, see if you can get the part from them. I once emailed kenwood about a part for a very very old amplifier, which they somehow still had... Send them an email, see if you can't get another mounting cup (or two) and bam.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    Alpine have disappointed me, apparently the tweeter mount isn't available to be purchased seperately.
    I was advised to buy a new pair of tweeters!

P.s. just in case anyone is ever looking to speak to someone from Alpine rather than just a generic contact webform (which noone answers), details are below!

ALPINE ELECTRONICS OF AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD.
    161-165 Princes Highway Hallam Victoria 3803 Australia
    Tel: 61-3-8787-1200
    Fax: 61-3-8787-1299

http://www.alpine.com/e/contactDetail.html

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Well, might just have to use araldite and see how you go. Worst case it won't sit right or it'll be the same
    Last edited by Drifter995; 05-11-2012 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Shh tbm :P

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifter995 View Post
    Well, might just have to use araldite and see how you go. Worst case it won't sit right or it'll be the same
    At the point where I just want to glue it all together and leave it haha! Worst situation...