Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

Integra type S learning manual

Hey guys,
    i am planning to buy a type s in a months time, i am gonna learn manual on it. i already know the basics of manual and have driven manual two or three times before, i was just wondering, if/when i was to damage the clutch, how much would it cost me to change it?
    also what other parts do i need to put money aside for incase i damage it?

Thanks guys

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Get a few driving lesson and then you'll be more confident and experienced for the type s when you get it

A new clutch fitted for the type s is approx. $600 and up,depending if workshop or backyard mechanic

i doubt you would be bad enough to damage the clutch.

first off you should get a few lessons with an instructor. maybe 5hrs or so til you get a good feel for it. then start driving your type s when your a bit more confident
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    yeah a few hours with some sort of instructor will help
    My parents taught me around 4hrs and the rest was good luck mate on the streets by myself
    you learn the most by yourself though
    have fun man
    "A good tunning car has to be something you can take out to the streets. The car must be fun, fast, safe on all road condition "
    Keiichi Tsuchiya~

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    The Type S was my first car to drive manual in. had my car now for 60k klm and after 6 track days. oem drivetrain still feels quite strong!

the oem clutch will last!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Just take your time learning on quiet roads, and you won't damage your clutch.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    Just take your time learning on quiet roads, and you won't damage your clutch.
    You can burn a clutch on a quiet road

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    You can burn a clutch on a quiet road
    Yes, but when the roads are quiet, there's no pressure from other drivers. When there's no pressure, you can take your time learning at your own pace, and you'll be less likely to make an error. Feel free to disagree.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    take ur time learning

chances of destroying your clutch are minimal as long as you're not developing bad habits like riding the clutch, letting it slip too much, launching frequently, and resting ur foot on it when driving
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 integra R
    worst drivers are the ones who come from diving automatic for a few years then decide to give manual a go
    ie next door neighbour parents buy him a brand new 2012 wrx sedan to learn on and hes got a steep drive way and i have to listen to him riding the clutch on and off reving it like a mofo every day and he does happy laps up and down my street too show off

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Lmao no way bro its a high perfornance supercar

Nah srs its no dif to any other car. I learnt to drive manual in a dc5r
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    as others have said, don't be scared. you have very little if any chance of destroying your clutch.

if you need any additional info, check out my advanced car park technique for advice on driving slowly in 1st gear .