Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by chargeR View Post
    It sounds like you're on the right track on what you were thinking of, either the Tein SS or Mugen SS will probably do what you want. From the sounds of things you are right to shy away from the TDM stuff, as they tend to err on the stiffer side in regards to spring rates and my experience with the BC and Buddy Club dampers is that they can be a bit harsh over bumps due to their valving design.

I know guys that have been driving around on the Tein SS on DC5 for half a decade without any problems, they might not be the most fancy monotube design but they will allow you to lower the car to your preference and the spring rates are pretty conservative and they ride okay. No experience with Mugen SS, but I have no doubts that they would also fit the bill, if the ride height they give is what you want. You could also consider the entry level KW options, the DMS 40mm (these might be stretching your budget) or a set of Koni sport shocks and a lowering spring of your choice.
    Tein SS are Twintube not Monotube, only Tein Monoflex and some of the competition products are Mono, the rest are Twintube.

To OP, I'll send you a PM about places you can find stuff and a bit more of a chat on selection =)
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    Tein SS are Twintube not Monotube, only Tein Monoflex and some of the competition products are Mono, the rest are Twintube.

To OP, I'll send you a PM about places you can find stuff and a bit more of a chat on selection =)
    Read my post again, I didn't say they were . I guess it might have been clearer if I wrote "they might not be a fancy monotube design".

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_AUS View Post
    As I said earlier. Have you looked into GAB SS Coilovers. JDMyard has these for real cheap price, cheaper than N+ I do believe. Just do some research about them first. I have the N+ on my car now, IMO for my use I think it just limited on adjustment.
    So you're recommending something based on what some other guys said and because they're cheap. Invite those other guys that have them and think they're good into this thread maybe?

Ahhh, I thought you said they were lesser monotube design =P
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda city
    Quote Originally Posted by an93l View Post
    So what coilovers u recommend me? I dont prefer the buddyclub but seems like im leaning to it cause price is good on it.

I have a dc5r
    They are right! buddyclub N+ they are cheaper the quality is really great plus some shops could give you better discounts i think.
    I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
    car for sale:used car for sale:second hand cars

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I read that the dc5 only be lowered a certain amount before it changes the suspension adjustments, is this correct? If so what is the lowest i can go without changing it.

I found the mugen sports suspension on rhd japan to be very cheap 1.1k but not sure if it uses linear or progressive springs, does anyone know? I might just grab these instead.