Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    11-12L/100km... and I always feel heavy on the right foot every now and then.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterZero View Post
    Really? Specs say they are both 65L?

CU2 updated engine tune and physical revisions probably allow for more 'conservative' fuel use and better economy.
    Yeah, CU2 VTEC is the fuel economy version which is on the intake only. I think it alters between 12V and 16V operation to improve swirling, which boosts fuel economy at low load driving speeds and conditions.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by natnat View Post
    I see why you were crawling slowly off the lights on Gympie Rd behind me a few weeks ago
    really? phew as long as i werent driving like a dick hehe. gympie road near strathpine?
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_LATE View Post
    really? phew as long as i werent driving like a dick hehe. gympie road near strathpine?
    it was near Kedron.. driving like a grandpa, yes.

i've seen you 4 times now, Gympie Rd 3x and Sunnybank 1x. i'm in either a Golf GTI or blue CU2.

Member Array
    Car:
    Try hard CL9
    Aaron you still have your CL9?

Currently with a few light mods, i'm able to get about 700km out of a full tank (filling up about 57L) Thats with just taking it easy and not really trying.

A few light mods nothing over the top.
    XpLoDiN
    AKA Johnno

[Melb] Team Y.C.D - The Dim Sum Revolution!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplodin View Post
    Aaron you still have your CL9?

Currently with a few light mods, i'm able to get about 700km out of a full tank (filling up about 57L) Thats with just taking it easy and not really trying.

A few light mods nothing over the top.
    Yup, still have my Euro. You're getting 8.14 L/100km, which is better than my mixed 50-50 highway/suburb driving.

I'm going to clean up the engine using upper cylinder cleaner next week, it should take out the carbon deposits in the cylinder, see how it goes.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by natnat View Post
    it was near Kedron.. driving like a grandpa, yes.

i've seen you 4 times now, Gympie Rd 3x and Sunnybank 1x. i'm in either a Golf GTI or blue CU2.
    dude i never see people hey soz.. the amount of golfs thats wants to go me sigh :P blue cu2? fuark i love the blueros at night sooooooo nice!

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    I'm going to clean up the engine using upper cylinder cleaner next week, it should take out the carbon deposits in the cylinder, see how it goes.
    does this need to be done before an oil change? also what brand do you use. it seems alot of guys like to use the subaru upper cyl cleaner.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei_ View Post
    does this need to be done before an oil change? also what brand do you use. it seems alot of guys like to use the subaru upper cyl cleaner.
    Can be done anytime. It does not need to be before an oil change. I'm using the Threebond brand, which they supposedly produce for Subaru the upper cyl cleaner. Threebond has upper cylinder cleaners for petrol, LPG and diesel engines!

wouldnt be surprised. threebond is a japanese company if im not wrong, so very likely they are producing for subaru. will a upper cylinder clean be the same as a carbon clean? each time i bring my car into the dealership they try to sell me the carbon clean package.

it seems that it is a singaporean company distributing this product, makes me wonder if it is any cheaper in singapore.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    honda guy said subaru does it in all their service everytime. he said its 'the shit!'

apparently its because something to do with the orientation of their engines (horizontal). engines that are vertical dont have to do it as often.