Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    carbon deposits.. isn't because of the direct injection design? the 86 / BRZ has both direct and indirect injections to prevent this carbon build up problem.

the subaru turbo engines and many other direct injection turbo engines (Audi / VW) have this carbon deposit problem. Hence why VW / Audi only recommends VW504.00 approved oils (Group 4 base I think and at least $75/5L for Shell Helix Ultra Extra / Penrite Enviro something) to reduce this issue.

I have a catch can to reduce this problem too.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by natnat View Post
    carbon deposits.. isn't because of the direct injection design? the 86 / BRZ has both direct and indirect injections to prevent this carbon build up problem.

the subaru turbo engines and many other direct injection turbo engines (Audi / VW) have this carbon deposit problem. Hence why VW / Audi only recommends VW504.00 approved oils (Group 4 base I think and at least $75/5L for Shell Helix Ultra Extra / Penrite Enviro something) to reduce this issue.

I have a catch can to reduce this problem too.
    Subaru turbo engines (up until May this year with the introduction of the FA20DIT) are all port injection, and their carbon build up problems are pretty well known due to the flat design or something

It not necessarily about the engine oil, it's about no fuel going pass the intake valves to keep it clean./

Regardless, nothing a can of Upper Engine Cleaner cant fix every 10k's, it's only 20 bucks
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Subaru turbo engines (up until May this year with the introduction of the FA20DIT) are all port injection, and their carbon build up problems are pretty well known due to the flat design or something

It not necessarily about the engine oil, it's about no fuel going pass the intake valves to keep it clean./

Regardless, nothing a can of Upper Engine Cleaner cant fix every 10k's, it's only 20 bucks
    or 14.95 at bursons auto parts!
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I buy Threebond branded ones, $11 per bottle. It fixed a misfiring problem in my wife's Astra after troubleshooting the fuel, injectors, MAF sensor, throttle body, plugs and ignition.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    Where to buy

see if you can get them from these guys:

http://www.threebond.com.au/distributors.htm

might even be able to get trade price if you dont get them thru a retailer.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Yeah, CU2 VTEC is the fuel economy version which is on the intake only. I think it alters between 12V and 16V operation to improve swirling, which boosts fuel economy at low load driving speeds and conditions.
    That's interesting... I thought both the iVTEC in the K24A3 in the CL9 and the K24Z3 in the CU2 had VTEC on both intake and exhaust? I though it was the seppo Accord, Odyssey and CRV that all had the same derated K24 engine that missed out on the VTEC on exhaust and as a result were derated by about 20kW?

VTEC crossover is at lower RPM on the CU2 compared to CL9, which may explain some of the power difference.

- HZ

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterZero View Post
    That's interesting... I thought both the iVTEC in the K24A3 in the CL9 and the K24Z3 in the CU2 had VTEC on both intake and exhaust? I though it was the seppo Accord, Odyssey and CRV that all had the same derated K24 engine that missed out on the VTEC on exhaust and as a result were derated by about 20kW?

VTEC crossover is at lower RPM on the CU2 compared to CL9, which may explain some of the power difference.

- HZ
    CU2's exhaust camshaft only has 2 lobes. It is missing the big VTEC lobe in the middle. CU2's engine has higher compression to compensate and also some new friction reducing technologies to still meet the power target without using full on performance VTEC.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei_ View Post
    see if you can get them from these guys:

http://www.threebond.com.au/distributors.htm

might even be able to get trade price if you dont get them thru a retailer.
    I get mine from Advance Bearings, they are on that list.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    omfg ive used this before and its really good. cheaps as too and subaru fella said its as good as subarus

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    My CL9 gets around 12l/100km with mostly suburban main road driving at this time of the year in Darwin (hot and humid). Aircon usually set to Auto-Lo so compressor likely to be on most of the time.

I used to have an MY97 WRX and I was always charged for upper engine cleaner. Apparently it was an expensive process because it added about $140 to the bill. I knew I was being ripped-off but there's no choice here. Only one dealer for each car brand and some brands not sold here at all.

I just 'filled' the car's tank today at 174.9 cent per litre for 95 R.O.N.... Have I mentioned the petrol pricing cartel that operates under the ACCC's radar here? I don't think the ACCC even knows where Darwin is.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Wow. Dodgey as.
    Choke dealer