Smile 2008 Honda Accord Euro Passenger Window Issue

Hello There,
    My 2008 euro seems to have an issue with the front passenger side window. When i try to wind it down (automated), it seems to get caught on the top rubber for a split second and tilts and then goes down and make a glass rubbing noise

This is now becoming annoying as i like to keep the car in tip top shape.

To find out why it was doing that, i jiggled the window and it seemed to be loose but did not lift.

So, has anyone else come across this and can you please tell me how you fixed it.?

Any help will be greatly appreciate

regards,
    Sandeep

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Mine has that as well. Funnily enough I sprayed some wd40 on the trims and it seems to remove the noise.

As to the window shifting, I live with it.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    WD40 can damage the rubber seal though. I'd prefer to use Inox which claims to be rubber and plastic-safe.

I recommend taking a credit card, wrapping it in a moist cloth and cleaning the window channels on the two sides and the top of the window frame. Then clean the top edge of the window itself, mine had a line of gunk formed on it, so I needed to use one of those pre-wet window cleaner tissues that you can get from Autobarn. The mixture of cleaners and alcohol in it took it off when a cloth wet with Meg's NXT window cleaner could not.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    It could just be a dirt and grime build up (usually is), so as aaronng said using the right cleaners to avoid other part damage should do the job. IF the above methods didn't help your situation, it may be the window support that might be at fault, or at worse the regulator (causing the shifting and noise). This happened to me a while ago with my window not winding up or down properly and 'scraping' on something which I thought was the rubber and then after a while it just stopped winding in general. After taking it to Honda they said the regulator was about to snap and the window would've just dropped and smashed. Honda will set you back around $500 to fix that without labour, but I know of a few wreckers that I got mine from for $150. Take it to Honda and see what they say, they'll check it for free for you so wouldn't hurt, IF the other solutions didn't fix your problem.