Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R

Running new speaker wire DC2

Hey guys,

Attempted to run new speaker wire through the door loom today, it seems like a bitch of a job since the door side of the grommet is a plug, and makes it impossible to run cable?

Has anyone got a good write-up or instructions? I'm really quite lost as to how to tackle this problem

Cheers,
    Bronson11

I did this with a mate in my EG. we took off the fender and just fed the wire through the plug itself by drilling holes in the empty slots.

assuming you ran it from inside the car, tape it to a chopstick or similar and push it through the sleeve thing. then run it next to the existing wires and e-tape it up then go through the drilled plug hole and grab it from inside the door and hook it up to the plug to speakers

bitch of a job you got dat right
    Last edited by charliebrown; 10-11-2012 at 07:39 PM.
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    I did this with a mate in my EG. we took off the fender and just fed the wire through the plug itself by drilling holes in the empty slots.
    If you don't mind me asking, what is the size of the front speaker? and how did you mount it? did you cut down the 3 tubes and placed a spacer with the factory holes?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by bronson11 View Post
    Hey guys,
    Attempted to run new speaker wire through the door loom today, it seems like a bitch of a job since the door side of the grommet is a plug, and makes it impossible to run cable?
    The alternative is to solder the new wire to existing wire but of course it is better to run new wires.
    OR
    Drill a new hole into the door + new grommet.
    OR
    As charliebrown suggested: drill into the plug that doesn't have existing wires and feed it through. (most ideal but a pain!)

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    The alternative is to solder the new wire to existing wire but of course it is better to run new wires.
    OR
    Drill a new hole into the door + new grommet.
    OR
    As charliebrown suggested: drill into the plug that doesn't have existing wires and feed it through. (most ideal but a pain!)
    I am going to attempt to drill into the plug... I want a high quality job, and i know that if i just solder new speaker wire onto the factory wire i won't be happy!

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    you can pull the pins out of the door hinges and remove the doors instead of removing the fenders. quicker and easier imo.
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna