2004 Accord Euro Transmission Shudder - low spped

My Accord Euro has developed an intermittent transmission shudder between 25 and 45 kmh. Can be when cold or hot - is totally random.
    I bought the car brand new, so know its history.

It has done 74,000 very easy kilometres and it automatic.

The stealership tells me that the torque converter might be locking up early due to thinning of the transmission fluid - a lazy $400+ for them to flush.

2 questions - $400 ??? they rip me off but that sounds steep and also has anyone else had a similar problem where a flush fixed shuddering ?

Any good independents in inner eastern Melbourne ?

thanks
    Last edited by Doug11; 10-11-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug11 View Post
    My Accord Euro has developed an intermittent transmission shudder between 25 and 45 kmh. Can be when cold or hot - is totally random.
    I bought the car brand new, so know its history.

It has done 74,000 very easy kilometres and it automatic.

The stealership tells me that the torque converter might be locking up early due to thinning of the transmission fluid - a lazy $400+ for them to flush.

2 questions - $400 ??? they rip me off but that sounds steep and also has anyone else had a similar problem where a flush fixed shuddering ?

Any good independents in inner eastern Melbourne ?

thanks
    There is $150 worth of transmission fluids that would be required (9 litres or something)

Contact Sleeping Performance and Mechanical repairs, they're a trader in on this forum, I had him do my 3x3 flush.
    His forum: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/forumdi...-Mech.-Repairs
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    mmmm, for me agesss ago, i had a jerking/car struggling/chuggin feeling between the specified speeds. So like id be going through school zones and the car would be retarded, jerking and struggling like a piece of crap.
    All it needed was a transmission fluid change and all was good again.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Just incase, you should read this:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-to-read-this*

Basically put, if your still running the trans fluid from when you bought it then you should change it out asap. The oil was crap and not good enough to last the 120k km of which Honda recommended before requiring a change. Their newer oil like DW1 or Redline D4 would perform much better. Consider changing the filter as well.