Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG8 B16A2

VTEC Pressure Switch Bypass / Output

Hey guys, I've got a B16A2 being run by a chipped P06 (standard ecu) which is running a slightly modified P30 map. Unfortunately this map is a yank one, and expects a VTEC Pressure Switch input, which my engine cannot provide (it doesn't exist).

I don't know where to remove the check in the code, and I have tried doing the bypass (connecting VTEC pressure switch to solenoid) as all the internets seem to suggest. Doing the bypass caused code 22 (which was always on prior to this) to go away and VTEC would then engage. However after approx 2 seconds in VTEC, code 22 would come on and stay on (until I turn the car off).

This implies that the correct signal is not being applied to the pressure switch input. I have also tried grounding it, this gives the exact same problem.

So does anybody know
    a) how do disable the check in code or
    b) what the output from the VTEC pressure switch should be so I can emulate it?

I'm assuming it needs to be low and then after some time maybe go high (whilst VTEC is on)?

Help would be mad, because I want VTEC to kick in yo!
    Last edited by sebtoombs; 11-11-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    You are trying to use a chip that uses the vtec oil pressure switch and yet the PO6 doesn't support it.

Was the PO6 even converted to vtec??? ......lol
    Last edited by chongy; 11-11-2012 at 01:05 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG8 B16A2
    Yes. VTEC works, but only once and then throws a CEL, code 22. Which is "VTEC Pressure Switch".

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Either you get an ecu that supports the oil pressure switch to use the chip
    or you get the chip read, edited and flashed to remove the vtec oil pressure check.

I bypassed the vtp and bridged the wiring to vts and mine works but im using a P30 ECU.

You could just buy a new vtec solenoid with a VTP for cheap and that should solve your problems unless it's ECU related

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG8 B16A2
    Hmmm really? And it works fine? My ECU essentially is a P30 now (there really isn't much difference between the ECUs) as its running a P30 map and converted to VTEC. I also seem to be getting code 35 which isn't listed anywhere. Anyone know what this means?

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    a P06 can support a VTP

as mentioned above either run a wire from VTS to VTP. I prefer to use an automotive relay from VTS to simulate VTP

Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by sebtoombs View Post
    Hmmm really? And it works fine? My ECU essentially is a P30 now (there really isn't much difference between the ECUs) as its running a P30 map and converted to VTEC. I also seem to be getting code 35 which isn't listed anywhere. Anyone know what this means?
    are you sure its node code 3 and 5

code 35 would be 3 long flash 5 short. both code 3 and 5 are MAP

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG8 B16A2
    I'm fairly convinced that its 35, however it would be much nicer if it was a MAP related code as I'm having an intermittent idle problem as well and that may explain it. But it's definitely three long followed immediately by 5 short.

What order does the ECU show the codes in? Is there a particular order? Because code '35' comes up after 22.

RE the VTEC, so the ECU expects VTP to be low (0v) when on low cam, and then high (5v) as soon as it switched to high cam (VTEC), and then back low again when the VTEC conditions are no longer met?
    Last edited by sebtoombs; 14-11-2012 at 08:00 AM.

Car:
    twin GX160's
    yes VTP is low the VTS is off, when VTS is active then VTP goes open circuit. This is why I prefer to use a relay as when you join VTS to VTP when VTS is active it send 12v to VTP.

Codes appear in numerical order.

you might be better off with a new chip, it should get rid of code 35 and the VTP code. Code 35 could be a USDM thing, I have never seen code 35 in AUDM cars

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG8 B16A2
    Ok, thanks very much ECU-Man, I'll try that now I know what it should be.

Yeah the code '35' appears after 22.

I programmed the chip myself using a p30 bin from pgmfi.org. If you have an AUDM map that would work, or know where I could get one that would be amazing.

Car:
    twin GX160's
    you should try Crome