Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    before the next cruise, i plan to strip my rear seats out, because the rera carpet is mounted to the amp and sub. so much weight to be gained there, also gonna put her on a weighbridge to compare it to stock.
    As much as i regard Weight as a factor affecting your speed; this is the 'noob' forum and i'll have my opinion regardless.

I think anyone who 'strips' interior trimming, seats, dash components, luxury items or even goes as far as going without fire extinguishers, a basic sound system, a spare wheel, etc..Just to make your car a little faster.
    Is a complete tosser.
    And you're even more-so of a tosser, if your car has little to no power/modifications to start with.
    I have more than enough power, and i kept my A/C, P/S, Sunroof, Cruise Control, my nice and comfy 5-seater Accord interior, Speakers+Headunit, spare tyre.. And i even added a Fire Extinguisher just incase.

TIME, MONEY, EFFORT.
    If you're not willing to spend atleast 2 of the above 3 when modifying your car for Power, don't bother reducing your weight at the cost of having a 'nice car'
    It's not 4x4 status, think of it as "Winter Mode".

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    well, its kind of different, i wouldnt strip the interior of an accord CB7, but i would strip the EG interior.

Quote Originally Posted by Jccck View Post
    As much as i regard Weight as a factor affecting your speed; this is the 'noob' forum and i'll have my opinion regardless.

I think anyone who 'strips' interior trimming, seats, dash components, luxury items or even goes as far as going without fire extinguishers, a basic sound system, a spare wheel, etc..Just to make your car a little faster.
    Is a complete tosser.
    And you're even more-so of a tosser, if your car has little to no power/modifications to start with.
    I have more than enough power, and i kept my A/C, P/S, Sunroof, Cruise Control, my nice and comfy 5-seater Accord interior, Speakers+Headunit, spare tyre.. And i even added a Fire Extinguisher just incase.

TIME, MONEY, EFFORT.
    If you're not willing to spend atleast 2 of the above 3 when modifying your car for Power, don't bother reducing your weight at the cost of having a 'nice car'

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by connorling View Post
    well, its kind of different, i wouldnt strip the interior of an accord CB7, but i would strip the EG interior.
    I'd sooner run another 1 PSI than strip my entire interior.
    And i would end up with similar results.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    thats what i meant, i would keep all the interior of a CB7 because its so much newer car than a EG.

I'd sooner run another 1 PSI than strip my entire interior.
    And i would end up with similar results.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    before the next cruise, i plan to strip my rear seats out, because the rera carpet is mounted to the amp and sub. so much weight to be gained there, also gonna put her on a weighbridge to compare it to stock.

Why?

Its a cruise, not a track day.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000

Is a complete tosser.

TIME, MONEY, EFFORT.
    It depends on what you value and prefer.. No need to call someone a tosser based on what your modding preferences.

It's excessive for most but do you really car about luxuries in an eg?
    Last edited by curtis265; 21-11-2012 at 10:09 AM.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    Why?

Its a cruise, not a track day.
    Agreed 100%.
    Most cruises want 'cruisy' driving.. Not speeding/racing.
    20KG of back seats won't affect your 'crusing' ..Except for when you stop, and all the other guys snicker at your motley interior.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    It depends on what you value and prefer.. No need to call someone a tosser based on what your modding preferences.

It's excessive for most but do you really car about luxuries in an eg?
    If you wanted Luxury, you wouldn't buy an EG.
    That said, if you wanted a quick car on the street you wouldn't buy an EG either.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    dont under estimate the potential of an EGG.

Agreed 100%.
    20KG of back seats won't affect your 'crusing' ..Except for when you stop, and all the other guys snicker at your motley interior.

That said, if you wanted a quick car on the street you wouldn't buy an EG either.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    thats a nice opinion u got there, unfortunately i have nipples too not everybody wants to see them :P

either way, my car is a shit box, so the interior doesnt really matter, ontop of that i blew out all my old speakers so the sound system wont matter, i just wanna go there and listen to vtec not music.

yeh most cruises want cruisy driving, i think connor wants that, but it seems that if ur behind someone else they go faster then u go faster and it continues.

Agreed 100%.

troll harder.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    thats a nice opinion u got there, unfortunately i have nipples too not everybody wants to see them :P

either way, my car is a shit box, so the interior doesnt really matter, ontop of that i blew out all my old speakers so the sound system wont matter, i just wanna go there and listen to vtec not music.

yeh most cruises want cruisy driving, i think connor wants that, but it seems that if ur behind someone else they go faster then u go faster and it continues.
    When i go on a cruise the last thing i want is some retard thinking theyre Ayrton Senna driving like a fuckwit attracting negative attention to the group.
    Last edited by trism; 21-11-2012 at 01:46 PM.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    thats true, but perth is pretty desolate, dont know what its like over east, but our cruises are usually pretty quiet, but i dont do it when we start off in the city. only when the road is truly empty.

Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    When i go on a cruise the last thing i want is some retard thinking theyre Ayrton Senna driving like a fuckwit attracting negative attention to the group.